+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my algae problem

Hi, i know to wait the 14 days but had to check screen again, good news getting what i think is very good green alga growth one side of screen1. The other side of screen1 is fair growth and both sides of screen2 fair growth. Lighting is the issue i think , managed to fit more leds to improve growth on other screen.If all goes well with unit, going to wait 3-4 weeks to see,

trev, any update on your progress?

Hi, diy alga scrubber working fine, dark green alga thats had to be cleaned 3 times.Had to make a couple of modifications but all working fine.Scrubber is completly silent runing and easy to clean.Changing my aquarium in a couple of months 4ftx2ftx2ft so will have to design bigger scrubber for new tank.My diy scrubber still on test , seem to be getting less alga growing on aquarium glass probably 50% less and water definatly looks cleaner.Improved my lighting on scrubber now have red leds instead of white and more of them.Basicly my unit consists of a set of leds incased in a black holder very simlar to hog 5 held onto aquarium glass with bluetak.Using a fluval internal filter inside tank with plastic cut away to allow leds to shine through aquarium glass into fluval.A growing screen is trapped inside fluval close to leds.I seem to get a good flow through filter of water across screen.I would put pics to show my design but unable to work out how to upload pics.This scrubber is just a test the growing plate is only 2 1/2x3 1/2 inch obviosly i will need a larger growing area for bigger tank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information