+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PNY's almost floating algae scrubber - The Belgian Blue

Administrator
    Try more light.

I've tried this for about 6 months now, and this is all growth I got... Must say I'm a bit disappointed of the growth (lack of) in this floating-type scrubber... I think I'm about to give up the whole scrubber idea now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	pny_ps-120-0447b1000.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	5333
    Whole scrubber. (I've concentrated the bubbles to the left chamber).

Name:	pny_ps-120-0448b1000.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	5334
    Close up view.
    Tank Info: 1000 liter FOWLR/Reef (some corals), DIY glass "High-Tech" sump with ATO reservoir, 550W DIY LED, 5x Tunze Stream 610x, Laguna 6000 l/h return pump, DIY Phosban reactor, DIY Almost floating UAS Algae scrubber, DIY Temp Controller, Avast Mutiny II Ozone reactor. 216 liter Reef Cube, glass sump with ATO reservoir, Ecotech Radion LED, DIY Phosban reactor, DIY Temp Controller.

Administrator
    Pods are probably keeping the growth from growing at the bottom. And, the dark turf is stopping green hare from attaching at the top.

Try this: Take to the sink and scrub/scrape away all the dark. This will open up the textures for attachment, and the FW will kill the pods,

Giving the Belgian Blue scrubber another try... Getting a bit of growth in the chambers this time... (Middle chamber has a LED-failure that currently impacts growth)

Name:	IMG_6403.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	6582
    Tank Info: 1000 liter FOWLR/Reef (some corals), DIY glass "High-Tech" sump with ATO reservoir, 550W DIY LED, 5x Tunze Stream 610x, Laguna 6000 l/h return pump, DIY Phosban reactor, DIY Almost floating UAS Algae scrubber, DIY Temp Controller, Avast Mutiny II Ozone reactor. 216 liter Reef Cube, glass sump with ATO reservoir, Ecotech Radion LED, DIY Phosban reactor, DIY Temp Controller.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information