+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New waterfall scrubber - a test!

Banned
    Oh dang, you were using an MJ1200 on that setup? I could have told you that was useless - MJ's have horrible head loss against backpressure. Mags are probably the best against that.

Well, you should a told me then

The last waterfall used some little waterfall pump from home depot, and it was great , and I would have used it again, but I managed to snap off bits of the impeller. Whoops

Getting better growth now?

Nope. Flow is several times what it was, PAR is around 250-300 on each side of the screen, and light duration was cut in half. Still no dice.

Nothing but a touch of bryopsis growing on the screen. I guess I can add myself to the list of those are scrubber cursed.

It might be a bit Kate But is see you have covered the algea with a platic foil.
    I Geus thuis could be the problem because the main idea of the waterfall. Ethos that is get a lot of exposure to the air that's why it grow better and the fact the the water layer thinner but still.

No, the plastic wrap does not affect the growth - air still flows behind it.

Yes is see airflow but also fresh air I mean not only need air it need the CO2 in the air if is partially sealend it might get enough CO2

I would actually love for a design to be fully sealed from outside air since my house has incredibly high CO2 levels, which affects my tanks (daily pH peaks at ~7.8, night pH doesn't change too much but is usually 7.65-7.7).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information