+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: My scrubbed tank (pics)

Banned
    Having seen screens and then looked at the pics, I know what you're talking about regarding looking darker in the pics. I think you're getting more even growth across the whole screen. I would continue to clean all growth off down to the mesh every 10 days +/- 3 days

ok I will post a pic of growth in 10 days! oct 10th ish

Administrator
    It's still burning in the middle, and not getting enough light on the edges. So, all parts are not doing as well as they could. Moving the lights further away, or adding a diffuser, will help.

Ok I will move the lights back about 2". Thanks guys!

Banned
    I would maybe back off only 1 inch and try that. Small changes...

ok thanks

Well I have tried everything to get my led's to work but nothing works! I still get a giant burn spot in the middle,and when I remove the optics I get next to no growth. So What I did is I screwed in two brand new 23 watt 2700k CFL lamps. I placed the lamps about 2" from the screen and was able to get them fairly straight ,maybe a 10 degree down angle if that. I will post pics of growth in about a week!

Some burning in the middle of a screen when you get good growth around the edges is not totally bad. I have had this condition on mine and found that the scrubber still did the job of keeping Nitrates at 0 and reducing phosphates over time.

Perfect algae growth is not the goal here. Keeping nitrates and phosphates in check is the goal.

good point rleahaines,sometimes we cant see the forest through the trees! But I do think my scrubber was a little weak due to the burning only because I was getting some algae in the display.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information