+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to marines 4x2x2 scrubber size confusion help plz :(

New to marines 4x2x2 scrubber size confusion help plz :(

Hi got my first wee nano cube about a month ago and loving so much so iv got myself a 4x2x2 with sump and cab, so just trying to get all my plumbing sorted out now and iv been reading its calculated to the size of your tank but now iv found out it is now calculated on feeding.So im working it out based on a friends stocking and feeding my fish maybe slightly different from what he has but its a rough guide to what ill be stocking can someone plz tell me what size scrubber I will need for a vertical scrubber thanks for any help. (really want to start building it tonight all the stuff is here waiting lol)

2 clowns
    Snowflake blennie
    Orchid dottyback
    2 mandarins
    Yellow watchman
    2 cleaner shrimp
    Pistol shrimp
    Sun coral
    a couple pinches of pellet early in the day then a cube/cube n a half of frozen at night

Banned
    I would start with at least a 24 sq in screen. It wouldn't hurt to go to 48 sq in though. It sounds like you already feed a good amount, and will probably desire to feed more, which is good for your tank while running a scrubber. It only gets a little rough on the pocketbook, but not needing to pay extra for media & PWCs can offset that a bit

Administrator
    Welcome. Try a 6" wide by 8" tall screen, and put an LED floodlight on both sides.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information