+ Reply to Thread

Thread: led wiring question

led wiring question

can anyone tell me on some of the LED scrubbers, like Turbos why are some of the LEDs wired with two wires.
    Or mainly how its done. The way I do mine is the basic series, (+ to - to + to - to + to -) and so on. But on his it looks more
    like a combination of series and parallel.
    thanks

Administrator
    Welcome.

He does that to reduce the intensity of the blues. I currently don't use any blues, so I have not had to deal with it.

Banned
    The blue spectrum LEDs are much more intense than deep reds. Therefore they will literally 'burn' a bare spot on the screen, directly in front of the LEDs. In order to eliminate this but still utilize the blue spectrum, I wire them in parallel within the series.

I wire like this to achieve this: Driver(red)-R-R-R-B=B-R-R-R-Driver(black)

The "-" sign is a connection from the negative terminal of one LED to the positive terminal of the next.

The "=" sign as connecting two positive terminals of that pair together, and also two negative terminals together. This will create a current divider, given that the 2 LEDs of the pair are relatively closely matched, electronically. That means that 50% of the current goes through one LED, and 50% goes through the other. So now you don't burn holes in your screen and you also have better spread of the blue spectrum across the whole screen.

Here is a closeup

thank you very much for the response.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information