+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me build an ALL in one ATS system PLZ

Banned
    I completely disagree with the turnover issue. I have multiple clients that will back this up. Increasing flow on a waterfall unit allows you to increase the intensity and/or photoperiod and achieve much better growth and filtration.

I have one local guy that I modded his Rev 2 L2 with Rev 3 drains for high flow and his results were almost immediate on high highly fed 90g tank.

wow sorry for all the typos in the above post....

humm so turn over rate does not matter then...that is interesting. guess I will go with 3 to 5 X turn over rate then.
    i was thinking of having the over flow fall in to the ATS chamber. my thought was, it might add to the O2 and help the turf grow...prob. will not have an affect one way or the other.
    thoughts?

Administrator
    Scrubber do not use oxygen. The only way overflowing in the the scrubber compartment would help is if you could add bubbles to the scrubber, which the air/water interface would help remove the boundary layer on the algae and would increase metabolite transfer.

so I officially started my build yesterday....
    was trying to find a source for black glass but at last could not find pure black, so I went with a dark gray then found some very nice stand glass to go over it. ( a 200 miles round trip drive to get it) got it all cut silicone together yesterday. let it cure for 24hrs.

then today build my very simple AIO...ok ok it's not really more like a ATS heater box...decided not to put any bubble traps in might pay for that later.... so it just a nice box in the back right of the tank. it 15" long and 5" wide so if I decide to ad a skimmer or other small filtration "goodies" I can . but don't think i'll need to. the 5" part is 1/2 lower to allow water in to the chamber and i'll be using a rio 1700 return pump @ 1' head should be 620 GPH its adjustable so if I find that to much I can turn it down some.

started my ATS too
    got some new 660 deep red LED and a lil driver form rapid LED. I really like this drive so far it will power 1-5 led so If I decide I need more than 2 no prob.

so with the magnets you guys think the N48 1"X 1/4" would do the trick?
    http://www.amazon.com/BYKES-Neodymiu...ywords=magnets

so maybe I should get more smaller ones like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Neodymium-Magn...ywords=magnets

now do I just use epoxy to attack then , then cover them in silicone? or do I epoxy the whole magnet then silicone?

Administrator
    Use the bars.

Since they are not epoxy coated, go ahead and coat them on all sides first with 30 minute. Then silicone.

yeah I was thinking the bars would be nice just hope they hold it...
    almost done with my ATS build just need to glue the air line tubing in and connect the driver.

will ad some photos once I learn how to get them off my phone...doh

oh I was thinking of crushing some dried coral chunks and adding that to the screen to make it even more course. don't have enough to coat the whole inside like the green grabber and never found a source for quartz or calcite. think that is a good idea or not?

Administrator
    Might as well try it.

never followed up with photos, eh? What a waste! And you drove 200 miles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information