+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me build an ALL in one ATS system PLZ

help me build an ALL in one ATS system PLZ

ok so for this project I am in the process of making an all in one 40 breeder.
    the tanks only filtration will be biological. live rock sand and of course ATS.
    thinking about doing the UAS style ATS in one chamber then maybe a space for carbon if needed to clean the green from the h2o ...

i'll be using the ATS from the get go..it seams like alot if not most start there ATS after the tank has been up and running for awhile. so any info on starting the tank using ATS would be great.

next question is.. not sure if i need the 1 cube or 1/2 per say screen as I am not feeding. my bioload will be med to med heavy but lot over kill. mostly softies LPS and NPS with a few easy SPS so I dont need amazing water quality.it will be good that i will have "stuff" in the H2O looks like the screen size in the same on the HOG.5 and the HoG 1 just the extra LED is that right?

I like the look of the green grabber style "screen" what are ppl feedback with it? does it come off while cleaning it real good?
    was thinking of DIY the same concept with some carabsea aggregate and some reef safe glue. good idea or bad? any other options. I dont want it to fall off when cleaning...

how many of you ATS ppl are running carbon, how often and in what way?

what driver to get to run the leds? already have red crees

so lets build an amazing ats AIO tank.
    any feedback or thoughts form you guys would be great!!
    cheers

Administrator
    Water will not be green.

Starting with a scrubber will be low-growth, and will fill in later.

Your load is either a lot or a little. It can't be both. If you are not feeding much, the load is small.

The HOG1 has a bigger screen than the HOG.5

You probably don't want aragonite because it is not that strong, and it might slowly dissolve. Calcite or quartz is better. But you can try it. Use epoxy and nylon strings.

If you only run 2 leds, you can use the replacement driver in the HOG.5 parts.

thanks SM I was hoping you would chime in here...
    good call on the quartz. dam its snowing here now could have just gone and found some crushed it up. maybe i'll will still try.

any chance i could get a close up photo of how you siliconed the air tub to the HOG w the green grabber?

humm dont see the led driver on your website

so excited to try ATS tank been thinking about for a while now!

so any one have suggestion for magnets to hold the HOG style UAS in place?
    think 4 rare earth magnets would do the trick? or would that be to strong and cause problems wothother stuff in the ALL IN ONE chambers?

Banned
    Neodymium magnets are fine, just get ones big enough and remember they cannot be exposed to water

Cree only makes 630nm Reds. These are not the ones you want, you need 660nm Deep Red.

Administrator
    Some of these pics show it:

http://www.santa-monica.cc/gallery.asp?catalogid=21

http://www.santa-monica.cc/HOG5-Hang...SION_p_21.html

Parts are here:
    http://www.santa-monica.cc/HOG5-Parts_c_10.html

Also we have the new rectangular black epoxy coated neodymium magnets used on the 1 and 1x, which are 5mm by 6mm by 50mm, for $5 each. They are not on the site but can be added to an order.

ah thanks guys!

what is best to coat the magnets with epoxy or silicone or is there something better?
    also what strength og magnets of hold through a 40br glass think it 1/4" but not sure?

Administrator
    Epoxy first, then silicone.

Strength is not the issue; size is. We use N45 20mm X 5mm X 6mm on the HOG.5... one at the top, and one at the bottom.

^ thanks SM i am getting closer to starting the built!
    got the tank and will be building the AIO baffle tomorrow of the next...one question you guys might and insightful feedback what would your turn over rate through the ATS then fuge chamber be? thinking 3 to 5 times ( 10X max ) then let the PH do the work in the DT for water movement...
    feedback?

Administrator
    Turnover is not really important at all. Any amount will do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information