+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First build...

so I know you said you don't like the bubble noise...but if you have 2 HOG style ATS you could clean them alternating thus you would always have one full grow scrubbing the tank...
    i am sure you could DIY a bubble slicer out of foam that is what i am thinking i might do with mine if I find it load...

anyway amazing tank!! plz keep us posted on what you do.
    cheers

Just a small update...

I decided to try this out for my first waterfall...

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...-scrubber.html

I'm running an MJ1200 on it and it was a bit loud at first but I put in a false bottom using some spare acrylic and egg crate which made it very quiet.

I think I'm going to probably replace the LEDs with all reds, not sure why there is blue on there. The growth medium it came with wasn't scratched canvas but some sort of clear film with holes. I'll probably replace that as well with roughed canvas. He made a great holder for in sump use, will post a pic later.

Banned
    That looks like it is just plain plastic canvas. It is the right stuff, but it is not roughed up, that's all.

+1 on my blues and whites. Those are too powerful and will just result in a burned spot.

MJ1200 is way too little flow. Might be good for starting up the screen but not enough for effective filtration. That looks like at least an 8" wide screen, so 8x35=280 GPH, and an MJ1200 has horrible head loss and very poor reaction to backpressure, after the screen is cured and you have a weeks worth of growth, you will be lucky to net 60 GPH out of that I guarantee you. You'll need a Rio 1400 minimum, eventually.

I do have a spare Rio 2100 that has a valve, maybe I'll hook that up. The medium that it came with is actually different than pictured.

Banned
    Why would he sell you something that was different than in the pictures. That's just odd.

I think he actually made 2 and I got the one that wasn't pictured.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information