+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: From SGreef (strange can't seem to attached pictures there)

From SGreef (strange can't seem to attached pictures there)

Hi, I am very impressed by all the experimentation works going on here ! Really inspired to work on one for my own 7 footer ! with modified designs from all your inputs- kudos to santa monica and mudshark

Ok, here it goes (btw I've been following this thread for a week! so reading up alot of the works of mudshark and santa monica.....
    My Original Plan A was using a large grey "Toyogo" (local plasticwares brand) laundry basket as the ATS box, good capacity but takes up alot of space and is not opaque....otherwise material was cheap plus I already got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: From SGreef (strange can't seem to attached pictures there)

I think this is a better alternative-as it is opaque -so when I have my lights on at night on a reverese photo period-it will illuminate my porch! so that i can make my way to my door after night out clubbing with the boys!

I am going to put Plan B into action ; I didnt want any splash effects -so decided to go with the enclosed concept-
    the ikea laundry basket -is made of plastics (will illuminate nicely in the dark) with an orange glows.
    On the extreme right -plastic mesh from DIY shop 50cm by 2 metres ;will keep excess as spares
    I thought of using 2 x 23 watts ES bulb from MEGAMAN -UK -got it from local agent here in singapore -but having tested it out on a dry run
    1 is sufficient. (keeping 2nd as spare.
    Socket the fixtures be out ,bulb will go into the empty DVD diskettes box.
    I am using smaller pipes as I intend to use a smaller pump -white to blend in......will try to catalogue this as i go along
    The top of the ikea basket can come off and has a lid.-great for maintenance-now I need to think about water proofing the fixtures

That's neat blending a Turf Scrubber in with porch lighting.

I have to admit that is one angle that completely passed me by on my design. :lol:

Well better to put idea on paper-so as not to miss out minute details ,before cutting ,slicing, joining with glue! Basic concept- was thinking of alternatively using glass jar -will explore that later....welcome any constructive inputs here please. (off to the pub now-my day in the office over.......

Administrator

Nice concept. Raise the bulbs up though to the center (or add another on top of that one.)

Will be using this weekend to built my ATS ; have most of the materials and researched this here-so hopefully all goes well,
    1) plan to use 4 sided but with 4 corners fee( where the elbow pipes meet )
    as I thought of incorporating Phytoplankton cultivation later -I had some good experience/results there!
    2) will add a collection tray at the bottom -as I intend to cut only 1 big drainage hole -ATS water goes there-leads to a pipe that carry water to the mouth of the return pump.
    3) will raise the lights up by way of additional DVD disk holder- sitting on egg crate and a piping support- guess cable ties my solution ; dont inted to glue anything up -to facilitates cleaning

Administrator

If your phyto reactor is going to be lit from the scrubber bulb, you'll need to have a place for the light to shine through, since when the algae fills in, all light will be blocked.

ok guys,getting down to work on saturday morning-made several trips to the hardware supplier to get my materials-initially stuck to my plan and came up with the contraptions like this (bottom centre) INVEST in a pipe cutter !!! the yellow pipe cutter (centre of picture) was really useful.

built the support frame, but then it took up took much valuable space in side the tiny confine of the ATS box-so changed my mind-thats a piece of sand paper on the ATS box ...(to smooth out the edge of pipes after sawing -you wont need that if you use the pipe cutter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information