+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surf 4 questions from the UAE

Surf 4 questions from the UAE

HI, SORRY TO bother you guys but i have couple of question and hopefully you can help me out. i read the Q&A but still some doubt persist

1- i don’t feed much (definitively much less than the quantity for this scrubber) but have po4 problem and no3, how many weeks should it take before i start seeing the benefit in the system? intact it state about 4 weeks but that at maximum capacity of the feeder or it is just an average time frame? my sps are not doing good and i am really concerned about time at this stage!

2- you are saying on last video about pump, shall i consider to run immediately Coralife SL-38 Super Luft Pump so i will have more benefit? what are you expecting adding so much air instead of 2 normal air pump that you were using? i started using directly this second air, hopefully to get faster result.. when you remove the led cover top you can see really big bubble of air being released now...

ciao
    fabrizio

Administrator
    Welcome from the UAE.

1. What type of problems do you have right now?

How old are the rocks?

What other filters do you have? Waterchanges?

Pictures of the rocks would help.

2. Yes the Coralife SL-38 would be better, because more/bigger air bubbles are always better. That pump does get hot however, but it puts out so much air that light will be able to reach all the way to the bottom of the scrubber.

sorry for being late,
    1- no significant problem with algae, my coral anyway are dyeing especially at the tips.. and then getting algae on the death spot. salifert test give 0 po4 so i am trying to get rid of the algae or what cause the death of my coral.
    water changes every 10 days 15%
    filter soks, 3 changed avery 7 days
    i am using coralife 38 at the moment, folioed your suggestion to keep light for 5 days on low power 20h, today i checked the situation of the scrubber right now but i notice that there is not even a changed colour on the side of the scrubber. infact if i put back in the box after washing you'll never notice if it has being used. following your video after a week or so at least something would have growth...

Administrator
    Give the light more days. Keep at low power. Change to 14 hours.

Algae does not kill the coral. Algae start growing on the coral after the coral dies.

They are on for 20h day since beginning.. As I thought they were supposed to be

Administrator
    Hours vary based on growth. If phosphate measures zero and the growth is zero, reduce the hours until growth starts.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information