+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of doing my first scrubbed reef tank!

Administrator
    1. No mirror needed. Yes you can just put it on the side where you want it, and pull it out to clean.

2. A sliced airline will not clog as easily as an airstone. And it will be much easier to clean than an airstone.

3. I have not had time to re-look at the calculator, but just go by my numbers and it should be good. Glad you like the DIY info too; many people cannot afford to buy, but they DIY very well.

4. Clarity can be very good in saltwater, but depends on the color of the food you feed. White mysis cubes would have more clarity than brown pellets, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    1. No mirror needed. Yes you can just put it on the side where you want it, and pull it out to clean.

2. A sliced airline will not clog as easily as an airstone. And it will be much easier to clean than an airstone.

3. I have not had time to re-look at the calculator, but just go by my numbers and it should be good. Glad you like the DIY info too; many people cannot afford to buy, but they DIY very well.

4. Clarity can be very good in saltwater, but depends on the color of the food you feed. White mysis cubes would have more clarity than brown pellets, for example.
    1. Great!

2. I see. Do you slice it with a razor blade or do you "drill" it? If razor blade, slice parallel to or cross the airline?

3. Sure, no problem You wrote that you would do 12 LED watts. If I drive them at max (700mA), that would equal to 1.61W/LED (0.7A*2.3V=1.61W). 12 LED watts/1.61W = 7.45 LEDs = 8 LEDs?
    Or do you mean 12 "commercially advertised" LED watts? 4x3W=12 "commercially advertised" LED watts (4*1.61W=6.44W), which is about half?

That is a perfect example of me. I'm a medical student and, unfortunately for my economy, I suffer from reefing. :P
    I try to do as much DIY as possible! For cost, but also many times for the fun of making it myself

I think what you do is a perfect marketing strategy! You are so confident in your products, that you help people make their own and when they at a later time don't want the hassle of making it themselves they can order from you Also, the positive reputation you get among the people that you help build their own ATS, will tell their friends about you and that if they don't want the hassle of building one, they can order one pre made by you I'm sure you know all this already, but just wanted to show my support. Even in today's busy society, especially in more specialized circuits as the aquarium hobby, what goes around, comes around!

4. Usually I buy like 7-10 different frozen foods. Then I defrost them. Then I mix them all in a bowl. Then I pour the mix back in the trays and throw them in the freezer.
    I have never had any problem with yellow water, in reef tanks, but I have noticed a sudden difference in water "spark", after running some activated carbon.
    Actually, I'm discussing this exact topic now, on nano-reef.com: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/34369...sday-particle/ (Please, tell me if I'm breaking any rules with linking to a different forum).

Administrator
    One long slice, and cross-cuts every inch or so will do.

Four LEDs of the 3-watt rating, driven at 500 to 600ma, will be fine.

Hope to see some pics of your build...

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    One long slice, and cross-cuts every inch or so will do.

Four LEDs of the 3-watt rating, driven at 500 to 600ma, will be fine.

Hope to see some pics of your build...
    Awesome!
    Seems simple enough.
    I will post pics.
    Thanks for the help, so far!

My plans were accidentally put on ice, two years ago.
    The reef tank is now finally up and running!
    Just thought that I should check in here, if anything has changed about proper UAS design, since we last communicated?

Administrator
    Welcome back. No I think the designs are the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information