75gallon reef ready. Started Oct 2013.

Built Sump as an all in one ATS/sump combo. ATS feed directly from Herbie drain. Ligths are 6 Red 700ma LEDs. ATS has been running since Jan. Currently just running as a single side but built to be a double if ever needed. Just have to add Heatsink/LEDs to the other side if needed. Thus far, tank does well one sided so no plans to run it as a dual.

Most of the larger leathers where from my 180g show tank ( which is also a ATS only tank ), I decided I wanted to keep a tank with only soft corals. No hard corals of anykind. It has been more challenging that I thought. Took a while to get the flow pattern well enough that the corals weren't constantly closing up and shedding. While I have tried many times, still can't seem to keep Actinodiscus sp mushrooms. Have no problem with rhodactis or ricordia types but actinodiscus will shrivel up and then just detach from the rock in about 2 weeks time. I've tried 6 or 5 different types: red, blue, orange etc. and all just don't make it. Never though of all things mushrooms woud be hard to keep but that has been the case.

Maintenance: Water changes once a week of approx. 25%, however I use recycled water from my 180g tank for the water change so that there is no extra costs for salt. Siphon the substrate with every water change. Use 1/2 cup of carbon per week. Harvest the ATS screen once a week.

Filtration: ATS and carbon reactor.

Additives: Occasional iodine in hopes that xenia and other leathers benefit. I do 3 drops of Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Sponge Power per day for the sponges in there. No calcium or alkalinity additives since soft only tank and water change should be plenty.

Lighting: 42 DIY LED setup. 14 700ma 4.5K whites, 14 700ma Blues, 14 700ma UV. UV run at 100% all day. The other 2 are on the Apex VDM to control dimming. Par levels are pretty low in the back of the tank and on the bottom, could definately use more LEDs but no immediate plans to add more.

Flow: Speedwave DC-3000 pump runs at speed #5 of 6 speeds available. Output is Tee to supply the carbon reactor the rest for return. It indirectly drives the ATS as well becuase herbie drain directly feeds the ATS. In Tank circulation is by Tunze 6055 powerheads, alternate cycles at 0 to 50% speeds and controlled by the Apex VDM module.

Controller: Apex Jr. I don't need pH just temp. I did add a VDM module. 2 channels control the blue & white leds, the other 2 channels used for controlling the Tunze powerheads. Jr. only has 4 ports all in use ( 1 heater, other 3 for the LED lights ). ATS lights are just a simple timer as it's not worth adding another powerbar to the apex just for that. Tunze powerheads are not plugged into the Jr. just controlled by the Jr to save ports.

Fish:

2 chromis that were outcasts from the 180g that otherwise would have been killed by the other chromis.

1 Blue Kupang damsel for the same reason the other kupang from the 180g.

Convict Tang that is eventually destined for the 180g it was original placed in there becuae it wouldn't eat frozen, only nori. Wanted it to get more agressive at eating before adding to the 180g show but I like it in the 75g now that it will just stay until outgrows it.

Copperband butterfly for same reason, want it to go in the 180g show but still hasn't figured out aptasia. I add misc. frags/plugs from the frag tank every so often to try to get it to take a liking to aptasia. Eats frozen well though.

Pair of scotter blennies. Never had scooter blennies before. Pretty fun to watch. They eat frozen well.

Small yellow coris wrase.

Pictures:

Full tank shot:

Shot of the sump with built in ATS, herbie drain directly feeds the ats, return pump is t to the carbon reactor and the return. The other 1" flex PVC is the emergency drain overflow for the herbie setup which is normally not in use. Topoff is just gravity feed float valve w/ 5g bucket as freshwater resevoir which located on the other side of the wall. :

ATS screen:

Bottom Center pic of the maxi-mini carpet:

Left side:

Another left side:

Right side: