+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10days growth questions

10days growth questions

Ok here are some pics of my 7x14 screen after 10 days. How does this look. It is lit both sides with 2 23w cfl spiral bulbs in standard Menards clamp type reflectors about 4" away.

Forgot to say, scrubber has been up and running for 6 weeks

Administrator
    Well, the screen is too big for the nutrients, and that is why it is not filling in with thick green yet. It might still do sufficient filtering for you however.

Scrape all the brown stuff off so you can see the white, then let it go another 10 days.

My intentions where to go 7x7 but I saw how it was filling in and knew my nutrients where high so I left it for now. But I can cut it down if you think it needs it.

Administrator
    Yes I would cut it down.

Ok seeing as I am going to cut the screen down I want to make sure that all my other parameters are in check....

There is a pic of my set up before I added a second set of lights under the existing ones in the picture, The acrylic enclosure on top of the ten gallon aquarium is 4" deep and 8" tall allowing for me to run a 7" tall screen with the lights 2" off the screen. Ive been finding a lighter spot in the middle of the screen making me think that the light may be to close. Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    There are not enough nutrients to fill in that large of a screen. Cutting it in half will help fill in the middle.

Ok cut down to 7x7 scraped all the brown off completely. Going to let it run ten more days and then we will see.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information