+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help don't know what I'm doing wrong

Need help don't know what I'm doing wrong

So I had my surf 4 on my old 120G tank and only had cyano growing in it. Then moved it over to my new 300G have some green growth going on but also getting some cyano growing to. Been on new tank for 3 weeks now. ATS is on a timer for 18 hours a day only running half leds then turned all leds on. Air is on 24/7, you can still see some white in scrubber and green growth is differen on the sides as it is on the strings. Plus getting algae growing in DT on one rock plus on the glass.

Administrator
    Welcome.

The other LEDs (for full power) on a SURF4 should have been turned on at about the 2nd week of operation. The low-power mode is only for a short time when the surfaces are completely white, such as when new or when re-started after storing it and cleaning it.

So clean all the surfaces and strings with a toothbrush in your sink, then plug in both power supplies for full power and run all eight LEDs for 20 hours. Clean the LED glass too so nothing is blocking the light. Let grow 10 days and see how it looks.

Pictures would help, but if you are only running half the LEDs is low power mode, then this is most certainly the problem.

Trying to upload photos but it won't let me for some reason

Administrator
    Just click on the Insert Image button at the top of the text box.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information