+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOG1 with no growth at all after one month

Administrator
    Excellent. Let it fill in.

So four weeks later and still no growth. The tank has completely cleared up due to water changes and a uv sterilizer. Algae Scrubber looks like it did in the last image four weeks ago. I have NO algae in the tank at all. PO4 is usually .00 to .04 and Nitrates are 5ppm. I do have cyano growth though which really does not want to go away.

Administrator
    If the white surfaces are still white, then it's just too much light and needs shading.

Administrator
    I'm still thinking about that algaecide though, because it is usually copper based, and copper would not fade away on it's own.

We'll on my old tank I was using algaefix marine regularaly (every 3 days for a couple months) and I was able to grow GHA on my scrubber. I know there are two versions of AlgaeFix, one is Marine and the other is not. I can't imagine it having copper but I could be wrong.

And here it is after I trimmed down the size. This growth happened while dosing algaefix marine at the same time

Here is a pic just taken of the HOG

Administrator
    Is that growth up at the top?

I will take a better pic so you can see.. there is definitely some green up there but no growth really. It almost looks like coraline algae but green.. very thin layer on the scrubber. I will take a better pic and post it when I get a chance.

Administrator
    Dose some Iron now if you can.

So the black cloth now is covering only the bottom 25% of the area for the last 2-3 weeks or so. You can see the line on the bottom area of where the black cloth was, so clearly better growth with higher light. I've tried about everything, and right now I am having a diatom bloom in my tank so clearly nutrients present.. Not sure why this thing wont grow. I dont have iron to dose, or a testing kit to check at this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information