+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HOG1 with no growth at all after one month

Administrator
    Well this is certainly an odd case. If you want, put some gha inside it, just for fun, to see if it attaches. And leave the cloth halfway up. You never want pure white surfaces exposed to strong red light.

Since it does not cost anything to run, you might just let it run and run without touching it. It might catch on.

I would if I had some, but I dont really have algae in the tank. Just some diatoms currently and cyano. Hmm.. guess I dont know what to say either. Very surprised to say the least

Administrator
    One last idea: Double up the black cloth to make sure that the bottom half of the scrubber gets no light at all. It might be that enough light was going through the cloth, combined with your low nutrients, to have been too much light overall.

Well, I actually removed the black cloth completely and have started to get a bit of green growth now (it looks like it may finally start to fill in). The scrubber also grows a decent amount of slime, so I scrub that out every week or so but try to leave all the green there. Its a nice bright green color but only in a few spots.. Ill grab some pictures. Nutrients arent low anymore, tested nitrates the other day and were at around 40PPM. Didnt check PO4

Ok here is a pic taken today. The white spot was covered with Cyano that I just brushed off thats why I think that area hasnt filled in. I havent harvested anything buyt its starting to look promissing. Tested today, no3 = 40ppm, and po4 = .05
    [

Administrator
    Just let it fill in more for a week. Clean the glass of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information