+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd design scrubber

Administrator
    Yea it does sound like weak LEDs. However if they are strong enough, they will grow no matter what the display lighting is.

So I removed the M/h lights and swapped them for led's.I thought I had too much light. Now,according to this apogee light meter I borrowed , I have double the light! I love/hate this hobby LOL!

Hello Gents, checking after some time. I still get just the brown slime. So 1st, I'm sure I have enough nutrients in the display. 2nd, I have good flow over the screen . It think it must be the lighting.Do I remove the expressions led strips and find a stronger light or add more of the same strips? I'm at a loss . Thanks for any op's

Pics of current setup?

Cracker, how many of the expression LEDs are you using currently. I run three on a one sided waterfall and they grow lots of algae. Mine are oriented lengthwise on my 11" long screen. What are your NO3 and PO4 levels?

My screen is 7" across the top and 12 down. I have 2 of the expressions running vertically on each side. they are mounted outside the box about 2.5 inches from the screen. I don't have any current trate or phos readings . I will get a pic and do some testing this weekend. Thanks!

Cracker, I use three on a one sided 5 x 12 (w x l) screen and yesterday's harvest was 240g of wet algae on a 10 day growth cycle. Edge to edge 1/4" thick green mat. My lights are 2" from my angled screen. I'm thinking your lights are adequate to generate much more action than you are getting so there could be another limiting factor.

Thanks crusin, According to my Kits and "tester": My po4 is <.08, No3 0. The amount of algae in the display tells me these nutrients are all tied up. I was running M/H lighting and thought they were out competing the lights on the scrubber. I recently went to Led lighting. The H A in the display "appears" to be bleaching/turning white. I may see changes in the near future. Meanwhile I will go back to basics and measure flow etc. I'm looking forward to seeing results like Yours. Also I will look for pics of Your scrubber Thanks Again!
    here is a pic not current but the same. all I did was move the lights right next to each other

Good evening, Ok , I have been experimenting with my scrubber since around February. All I get is this brown mulm(best description). I'm sure I have the excess nutrient in the system. I have lot's of flow over the screen (maybe too much). I assume I have proper lighting. To break this down and figure out my issues,It's either flow or lighting.So here is what I'm doing I took all 4 led strips and placed them on one side of the screen then I mounted A reflector with the ecosmart CPF suggested in the how to thread on the other. I want to see if the extra lighting will kick this turkey in! I will wait a couple of weeks and see what happens. If this doesn't work, I will cut back on the flow rate. If I make too many changes at once I won't know what the problem was. I have waiting for months a while longer isn't going to matter.Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Administrator
    You will know pretty quick if the stronger light helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information