+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd design scrubber

Thanks, I will address that.

Hello, Been a few weeks since I checked in. Had spraying issues redid another manifold and installed a spray guard.Still have the brown stuff. I do have some green but its right at the top inside the manifold. I'm considering building another box. The acrylic I used was not exactly clear. I could be restricting the light.This pic after a serious scrubbing. thanks

Administrator
    Do a pic before cleaning next time.

Thanks! Will do. Also I have had issues keeping the 18/ 6 lighting schedule. My fault. This is an experiment to me. I'm in no hurry to get results. I am enjoying the challenge and learning the best way.

Good Evening. I did a flowrate test today. The screen is 7 inches along the top. I came up with 28.2 gph, Not enough. I removed the screen and got 36 gph along the top,still not enough. I propose to widen the slot before I look into a bigger pump. I know I should have tested flow but thought for sure the pump would be plenty. Here is a pic Please note the green right at the top of the screen this is inside the manifold. Thanks!

Administrator
    Yea 7 x 35 = 245 gph at least.

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Good Evening. I did a flowrate test today. The screen is 7 inches along the top. I came up with 28.2 gph, Not enough. I removed the screen and got 36 gph along the top,still not enough. I propose to widen the slot before I look into a bigger pump.
    Is that 28 GPH per inch, or total? Widening the slot should not be needed unless it's less than 1/8", or not even.

Administrator
    35 gph per inch.

I was asking cracker if his measurement was total GPH or per inch. Hence the reason I quoted his post

The figures posted are per inch. I understand the need to clarify.When I ran the test without the screen, The water blasted out along the entire slot. I "hope" the pump is restricted by too small a slot. we shall see. Once again this is an experiment and learning how stuff works. Thanks. Brian

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information