+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd design scrubber

Administrator
    Well those bubbles do have nutrients, but not much. They survive on very little.

Thanks Santa Monica, Surely there is enough nutrients in the water to kick off this scrubber? Is it possible that if I remove enough algae etc the scrubber will get enough nutrients? Still running the extra light still the same lights on time. If nothing happens Next round I will go back to just the leds and change the lights on period to see how that works. I'll check in, in a few weeks!

Administrator
    If you are feeding, then there will be nutrients.

Evening Gent's I removed the extra CFL and went back to the Led strips two on each side. I let this thing go for quite a while. This time I cleaned the slot which had green stuff clogging it. I scraped the usual brown stuff off the screen which I got a good amount of . Anyway, I did export some nutrients from the tank. I'm wiling continue to wait until the hinges of Hades freeze over to get this scrubber to work properly!

Administrator
    I do think LEDs are the way.

Evening , So I have som elong strand looking stuff but not the nice green I was expecting. I'm not scraping the screen weekly just letting it go to see what happens. I do scrub clean the very top part of the screen that fits inside the manifold. Now the clear hose I use to feed the scrubber has plenty of green stuff in! LOL.

Administrator
    Probably just needs to develop/attach.

I agree Santa Monica, Slowly but surely it's going! What would You suggest as the best lights on/off time? I turn the lights off around 10:30 11 am then on around 4pm. Do I want longer lights on ? I am enjoying this experiment. Thanks!

Administrator
    A pic of full growth will help.

Here is a pic, Again I thank You for Your time and op's! Now if I scrape all this off there is some actual green film under it all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information