+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much is too much flow?

Banned

How much is too much flow?

Just installed my HOG2 on my sump the scrubber side is completely submerged. I am using a Tetra 300 air pump to power it which is puts out 3ltrs per min Tetra say. The air flow over the scrubber is very vigorous. I note you recommend a pump to give a minimum of 2ltrs per min. Do you think the very vigorous air flow over the scrubber is fine or could it be too much?
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Welcome from the UK.

No you can't have too much air. The only tradeoff might be bubbling sound.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Welcome from the UK.
    Thank you for the welcome I appreciate it.
    No you can't have too much air. The only trade off might be bubbling sound.
    SM algae scrubbers are not available here in the UK I believe.

Good to hear. Yeah there was some bubbles escaping between the glass and the scrubber and the air hole on the top was spitting but I have eliminated the water spitting problem by attaching a length of airline to it. The air escaping from the scrubber is not so noisy so I can live with that.

BTW. I would just like to say how sorry I was to read on the UK forum called "U something reef" if people g (I guess I can't mention them on here) all the negative comments you got esp early on about 3 years ago I think. I was one of the few who supported you from the outset. I guess with some people they felt threatened by your posts on algae scrubbers. Totally uncalled for esp when few knew what they were talking about. I have had similar abuse when I old people about "Oxydators" I don't make them,sell them, have never sold them and have no intention of ever selling them. So what if I did anyway.? If people bought them as many are now and found the benefits of using them then IMO that's a good thing.

Administrator
    Yes sometimes it takes a while for the concept to sink in; that's why I link to ReefBase.org so that they can read about how the ocean really works.

Correct there is nobody reselling scrubbers in the UK yet; all are purchased from our shopping cart, like yours was. I think it would be a good opportunity especially since some of the current resellers are selling out quickly (like one day).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information