+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Algae scrubber retailers in Europe

Algae scrubber retailers in Europe

Hi!

I live in Finland, and I have a 54 litre tank I've been running since September of last year with some nuisance algae. I have a zeolite filter which keeps them in check somewhat, but as the rocks get saturated, the algae start spreading. I'm really short on space so I don't have any secondary tank. I would like to buy an algae scrubber, because I don't really have the time to build my own. Are there any online retailers in Europe that'll ship to Finland where I can buy one? I've tried searching around, but I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

I don't mind if the retailer's Web site is not in English. I can find my way around most languages spoken in the EU, except maybe gaelic ones.

Here's what amazon.co.uk has to say about it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HOG-5-Upflow.../dp/B00HI59S6C

Spoiler: "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

:/

Administrator
    Welcome from Finland.

That Amazon listing is not ours; Here is ours, and we have them in stock:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HI59S6C

Or you can just get them from our shopping cart:
    www.Santa-Monica.cc

Amazon says the item cannot be shipped to my location.

BTW: Will the power supply work in Europe with 220V/50Hz?

Administrator
    Probably Amazon wants a separate UK account, which is not set up yet. Ebay will do it, however.

Yes the supply works on 220, just needs a new plug.

Awesome! Well, I ordered a HOG.5 a short while ago ...

BTW, if I add carbon to the water (1 ml of liquid carbon), do I need to pump air into the scrubber? Is it possible to simply hook up a hose between my zeolite/active carbon filter (which has a water pump) and the scrubber just to get flow over the surface? I'm just curious, since I totally don't wanna mess with the device, at least not until I've seen it work well using the recommended method of bubbling air through it.

Administrator
    The air tube which comes with the HOG.5 is all you need to pump air into it, using a regular air pump. You do not need to pump any water into it.

You might wait, however, to add the carbon until the scrubber gets growing. Carbon dosing will reduce nutrients in the water and may cause the scrubber to delay growing.

you dont need nothing but a screen ruffed up and some cfl lights, drop it in your fuge where it will float and hang the light over it, done.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information