+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterfall ATS Question

Waterfall ATS Question

I have a 400 gallon system, food is 9 cubes per day. Waterfall ATS is 4 weeks old, growing slime, but spots if green hair algae. I over built the ATS as I plan to expand the system significantly shortly. Screens are two 10in (length) by 14in (wide), so total surface area is 280in (its impressive lol).

Nitrate:0
    Phosphate:0 (hanna checker)

If I am reading the threads correctly, the ideal cube to screen ratio is 8 cubes/day per 100sq? I have been running both sides (two screens) but have the luxury of turning one off. At this point, should I turn one side off, and just use 140 sq inches and up the food a little?

One last question, because I am dealing with slime I assume it is ok to use a tooth brush to clean the screen but once I get turf, you don't correct?

Thanks in advance

Tom

lighting is cfl per guidelines (one per seven inches of screen on each side of screen 4 inches away)

Administrator
    Welcome.

12 square inches with 12 total watts = 1 cube a day. So yours is 280 square inches = 23 cubes a day. This would need at least 280 total real CFL watts (140 on each side). Does this sound close to yours?

Here are the size guidelines:
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...ing-guidelines

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information