+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOG2 Silenced

Banned

HOG2 Silenced

One of the things people say about the HOG's are is that they are noisy, well not anymore. I bought a cheap CO2 bubble counter and took a length of airline from my HOG2 to it. The result, completely silent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	7871
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 07-19-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: pic

Banned
    Slight alteration. I inverted the bubble counter as it was filling with water spitting out the tube which resulted in the counter filling and the noise returning. By inverting it the water drains and its quiet again with the bubble counter working as a silencer. Sorry about the quality of the pic but I am sure you get the idea and what I am talking about.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	7872
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 07-19-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: pic

Genius !!

Just to clarify...you take airline from pump into the bubble counter then from bubble counter to hog or whatever type of uas you're using ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Devs View Post
    Genius !!

Just to clarify...you take airline from pump into the bubble counter then from bubble counter to hog or whatever type of uas you're using ?
    If you look at some in fact most skimmers they use something similar to reduce the noise the skimmer makes so this works on a similar principle. I fitted an airline connector into the top of my HOG then lead an airline from it to the CO2 bubble counter which I now have inverted to prevent water build up in it. You can still use it this way for every now and again you would have to empty the water out, once every 24 hours approx. By inverting the bubble counter the water rains out naturally back into my sump. The CO2 bubble counter cost me less than £2 UK or about $3 US delivered from china and works a treat.

Banned
    A few days on and i'm delighted with this little mod as it's completely silenced the spitting etc sound I had before and at just a couple of pounds/dollars.

Administrator
    If you can post better pics of it, I can include it as a recommended mod.

Banned
    This is the bubble counter but as said it's best used inverted as I have found.

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7873
    Last edited by SantaMonica; 07-19-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: pic

Administrator
    So all the sound was coming out of the top hole?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    So all the sound was coming out of the top hole?
    As I had my HOG2 completely submerged the bubbles coming out of it made quite a loud noise. If I had my HOG2 with the top slightly exposed to the air I got a loud spitting sound. Using the bubble counter the way I have has silenced it.

Still confused - is the bubble counter connected to the top hole of the HOG? Where the air comes out? If so, why the airline? why not just connect it right above the HOG?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information