+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would there be any benefit in.

Banned

Would there be any benefit in.

Adding strings to my HOG2? I have some string that looks similar to the string SM uses and was wondering would there be any benefit in adding some to my HOG2? My GHA is growing slowly probably due to my low nitrate and phosphate levels before I even added my HOG. My first batch of GHA was light green since which it now grows shorter dark GHA. I am not suggesting the string would encourage the lighter GHA just that there would be more for GHA to attach too but would there be any benefit anyway?

Administrator
    No I would just run it the way it is. If anything, darker growth needs more light. But as nutrients get removed, growth will be less dark.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    No I would just run it the way it is. If anything, darker growth needs more light. But as nutrients get removed, growth will be less dark.
    I can't give it anymore light (it's got the 4 standard red LED's) and I clean the glass weekly of any algae on it between the light and the scrubber however there is not so much on the glass when I do. I will try cleaning it every few days to see if it makes any difference.

Administrator
    And you can run it for the maximum 22 hours.l

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information