+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New DIY Upflow Algae Scrubber

New DIY Upflow Algae Scrubber

I finally got my algae scrubber up and running but ive found that the weight of the outer side of the scrubber is sliding down. I need something that i can attach to it to grip the glass. I tried stick on foam. It helped a lot but not enough. Im thinking if cutting strips from rubber gloves and silicon them on but im curious if anyone else has a better idea? Silicon rubber sounds ideal but very expensive and hoping to find something household.

Administrator
    Anything rubber will work on the outside. But you don't want any rubber inside.

I got some magic stop for drawers works good but i have another issue. The air is mostly all escaping where the cut begins in the hose. Its not traveling the full length of the cut. Should i redo the hose and put holes instead?. I blocked the cut at the beginning and tge bubbles started coming out the other end. What should i do?

Administrator
    Holes clog too easy. Try tilting it. Or can glue that cut shut and make others farther away.

You mean tilt the hose so the cut isn't facing straight up?. Do you think because i used pvc hose not silicon that could also be a problem?. On the other ones I noticed when no air is applied the cut is shut but in mine there are spots were it stays permantely open.

Administrator
    Tilt the whole unit.

Or replace the tubing and try again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information