+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED's how close.

Banned

LED's how close.

I am sure somewhere on here there are recommendations on how close to place your LED's to the scrubber but I can't find any. I have this LED unit (soon to be 2 of them)

The LED unit contains 16 red LED's and 4 blues.
    and this is my scrubber which is just 7" X 6"

I think maybe just 3" away or possibly less? The LED's are in a cluster in the middle of the reflector but are 120degree so spread should not be too much of a problem hopefully.
    Thank's.

Administrator
    Try 5 or 6" to start.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Try 5 or 6" to start.
    Not sure I have the space on both sides. I can get one about 4" away the other about 3" away so will have to try at those distances.

Banned
    How I have managed to squeeze 2 LED units into my sump area. The LH LED is 4.5" away from the scrubber screen the LH one is 3" away from the other side o the screen. I had remove my Deltec skimmer cup to take the pic. The LED's are splashproof and I have used 3/4" plastic overflow pipeing to make the rigs to house them. The light on the LH side can go closer or further away but the one on the right can only move foreward due to the sump return pipes and Deltec reactor feed pipe and I doubt i can move them over to move it further away. I am just waiting on 2 waterproof cable connectors to wire the LED's in as the lights only come with 12" of attached cable.

Administrator
    Let's see how it grows.

Banned
    Both LED units now installed and switched on after I got sent the wrong waterproof cable connectors to wire them in. I will continue to run my HOG2 alongside my DIY scrubber and see how it goes. ! am just experimenting at the mo and hope I don't have too much light with the 2 x 20w LED units one each side. I am running the LED's for 20 hours to start off with. Time will tell how well it all works I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information