+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SM hey man.. I saw your tank.. Gorgeous.. have questions..

SM hey man.. I saw your tank.. Gorgeous.. have questions..

For those of you who havent seen it, check this post out!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91

Questions:
    1. How long has it been running with no skimmer, and ATS only on that tank?

2. What type of food do you feed fish/tank corals? Your corals look so healthy....!

3. Like your timed feeder, any links to that puppy?

4. Noticed a drip line into the sump, and bottle to the side.. you drip Kalk?

5. What other additives/checmicals do you normally use and add daily? You have great corraline going in there too!

6. Saw your scrubber on the sump video.. how many watts are those two lights strapped on each side putting out?

7. What sized bulbs and color temp are they?

8. Looked like you had a sole fish in the sump? What was he doing there? being bad? hehehe

9. Do you do water changes if so how frequently, and what brand of Salt!

Thanks In Advance..

Nator...

Administrator

Re: SM hey man.. I saw your tank.. Gorgeous.. have questions..

Glad you like the looks of things.

How long has it been running with no skimmer, and ATS only on that tank?
    Over one year.

What type of food do you feed fish/tank corals? Your corals look so healthy
    Currently, blended oysters. The mucus they have helps keep the particles suspended for weeks. Previously, I tried everything else, but now I'm trying to save money. Tank is different now, having gone through extreme variations in feeding and filtering. At one point I was putting in 72 ml a day of pure liquid food.

Like your timed feeder, any links to that puppy?
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=110

Noticed a drip line into the sump, and bottle to the side.. you drip Kalk?
    Yes

What other additives/checmicals do you normally use and add daily? You have great corraline going in there too!
    Only occaisional strontium and Mg, and I'm experimenting with Iron and Iodine.

Saw your scrubber on the sump video.. how many watts are those two lights strapped on each side putting out?
    100w, 3000K, 24" T5HO. I've now learned to replace them every 3 months, after a nutrient overload which killed a lot of corals.

Looked like you had a sole fish in the sump? What was he doing there? being bad? hehehe
    A temporary wrasse, after having him in the display to eat the 10,000 baby snails that were overtaking the glass.

Re: SM hey man.. I saw your tank.. Gorgeous.. have questions..

Thanks for the reply's SM.

Will PM you about coming over, sounds good Maybe next weekend? Love to see your setup in person.

Interesting link on the feeding thingy, great idea! (ebay links to what you used for the kit were no good but can google them I suppose)

Man I priced that enteral pump think that one is discontinued. Prices vary WILDY on that thing seen it for $106.00 up to $1,600!!?

So now ALL you feed the tank is Oysters liquified? Is this for the corals as well?

Hard to tell from the pix that i quickly looked at. but fish seem to love it...looked like some tiny chunks coming through the tube for the fish to eat coming out of the tube, and the oils/slime for the corals?

Was thinking about making my own food too, way cheaper.. sounds like you having success with the liquified oysters.. I was thinking of blending all kinda stuff into a seafood salad type thing, and freezing the cubes in mini ice cube tray and feeding frozen.. one way.

but sounds like you blend your stuff up, just chill it and feed several times the day (best method) yours is fresh cooled and never frozen eh?

Interesting..if so.. Man love that setup, Im going away next month that thing will make me feel better while Im away, make Wifey's job much easier.. that and an auto topoff she can just check levels and make sure I have power! hahaha

thanks again for the replies!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information