+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My finished scrubber.

My finished scrubber.

Here is my finished waterfall scrubber. Screen is 4.5" x 8" pump is maxi jet 1200 with a valve to control flow. I also made up a plexi glass screen to control the splash. Once I got a nice straight cut exactly 1/8" wide I was able to get 0 side spray.

[MEDIA=vimeo]144048060[/MEDIA]

Administrator
    Nice job. Don't forget you can also just use plastic sandwich wrap to cover the screen.

Here is my screen after about 10 days. After letting it run for a few days here is what I have found. I am not sure if it was coincidence or not but I changed my second light from a 12 watt LED grow light to a 100 watt CFL and turned the flow down as low as it would go. After doing this I had growth almost the next day. I now have a 100 watt CFL on each side for 18 hours with low flow. When growth increases I will increase flow.

Also, i dont like the zip ties. They are wide enough that no matter how tight or loose I feel like they disrupt the flow and cause spraying and or dripping. I am going to look into another way of securing the screen. Maybe some thinner zip ties.

Administrator
    It's probably only the light that made the difference.

Cut a few squares out of the screen to make room for the ties.

Noob question...how do you block to PVC so that the water is only flowing towards the slotted pipe and not down into the PVC stand?

Administrator
    Welcome.

The other end of the pipe is either closed, or also connected to the pump. So the only way out is the slot.

I'd like to build a simple ATS such as this. Do you have a step by step tutorial and parts used for this build? I'm not much of a diyer but I think this I can probably do. Lol

Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b4tn View Post
    Here is my screen after about 10 days. After letting it run for a few days here is what I have found. I am not sure if it was coincidence or not but I changed my second light from a 12 watt LED grow light to a 100 watt CFL and turned the flow down as low as it would go. After doing this I had growth almost the next day. I now have a 100 watt CFL on each side for 18 hours with low flow. When growth increases I will increase flow.

Also, i dont like the zip ties. They are wide enough that no matter how tight or loose I feel like they disrupt the flow and cause spraying and or dripping. I am going to look into another way of securing the screen. Maybe some thinner zip ties.

You may have cured the problem with the zip ties however if you put them through holes lower down the screen and obviously didn't pull them tight I recon the water would run down better with less or no spray.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information