Howdy! I've been a long time lurker and learner. When I first started this 5+ years ago I built a DIY waterfall scrubber and it did well for a poorly maintained, inherited tank.
Thank you Santa Monica for all of your diligence and putting all this information out there.

I currently have a 90 gallon, reef ready tank that's been in operation for several years. The tank is stocked with 9 fish, 2 shrimp, numerous soft corals and a few LPS. It has a 2.5" sand bed, 50-60-ish pounds of live rock and lighting is programmed LED.

The sump is approx 25+ gallons of moving volume through a filter sock, bubble magus curve 7 skimmer -- into refugium with caulerpa, CPR vho light on opposite lighting schedule as LED. I also have 2 stage filter of GFO/Carbon at the return.

Major issues with bubble algae, cyano and aiptasia. I'm curing new rock to place into the tank and I'm several weeks away.

When I read through this web site and your videos years ago you had a beautiful tank with nothing in the sump, the auto-feeder (medical pump) and an algae scrubber.
My questions are:
1. What would you recommend to do in setting up my aquarium (add this, remove this, etc.)?
2. I want my fish and corals happy so that means feeding plenty, pods and clean water - I'd like to start at 2 cubes per day.
a) which scrubber would you recommend?
3. Any other suggestions for creating a simply maintained relatively pest free reef?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dave