+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd design scrubber

2nd design scrubber

Hello, I'm building a scrubber and this is the 2nd design. Lot's of variables to work out. Lets see if I can post a pic . I have expressions leds on order, When I get them I will have more questions Thanks!

As You can see , I need better drainage. the drain hose is coiled up in a basin about 10" under water this creates a lot of back pressure etc. I intend to mount this unit on a shelf a good 3 ' above the sump. this will lesson the input flow and more drop will improve the drain. Talk about getting ahead of one's self, I don't even know what kind of coverage I will get with the lights ordered! I can see another container build in the future. Thanks again!

Administrator
    Welcome.

Nice straight forward build.

Thanks Santa Monica, this container is 12 long and 15 high. I see now it needs to be 15 long and 12 high. If I had only laid it on i'ts side! I appreciate your earlier insight on screen size .I want a container to allow me to change manifold/screen size depending on my needs. Anyway I'm waiting for the lights .They will determine the "length" of the next container.

I believe you will like the Expression LED lights. I have been using them (3 on a 14x6 screen) for well over a year and they are very sturdy and well made. Following and good luck.

Thanks Jimbo, I admit to being a little impatient waiting for delivery, The Holidays and all. I worked for UPS for many years and I don't care if those guys get a day off! they deserve it for sure. The lights will determine not necessarily size but dimension of the screen Is long across the top and short from top down or vis versa the best?" seems if I use a pump long is ok.If I use the drain manifold then short along the top will be better,,,maybe. I don't know! Anyway I'm waiting on the lights ! I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point. LOL!

OK, I placed the scrubber on a shelf over the ref.It drains straight down into it. the pump is in the return section. I was going nuts on where best to place the thing.There it was and it will work fine and not conflict with the fug,just more flow thru it. Ant way hear is a pic. I hope to mount the light strips inside the container. I can install splash panels if necessary. I don't know if heat will be an issue. The cfl is temp until the LEDs arrive. Thanks

Administrator
    You won't need splash panels, and heat will not be an issue.

However is should have a light on the other side, if it doesn't.

One issue might be the gurgling sound of the drain.

Thanks Santa Monica, Interesting that You foresaw the drain gurgle issue. The drain ended a few inches below the water level of the fuge and did gurgle. I adjusted it so the water drains right at the water level, it stopped the noise but added an inch maybe to the water level in the container which is no problem also no more gurgle. The lights don't arrive until Friday! Thanks again for You insight.

I received the expressions leds today, They are very bright indeed. I installed them" outside" the scrubber,They are 2.5 inches away from the screen the light passes thru the acrylic. There has to be plenty of light on the screen! I will run them 16/8 opposite of the dt lighting. The led fixtures and cables appear to be well made very sturdy, The seal looks pretty good the conectors are sturdy and fit tightly. We shall see what happens! Thanks, Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information