+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eureka!

Banned

Eureka!

Just had that Eureka moment of inspiration designing my new ATS which is a strange time to have it as my body says it was 6am. I have been mulling over a few tricky issues but now I have it all sorted in my head which is another strange thing given my reduction in my brain's capacity to solve problems lol. All will be revealed in the next few days.

Administrator
    Nice, we can use some new ideas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Nice, we can use some new ideas.
    All will be revealed in the next week when I can complete it with the parts I will hopefully get on Tuesday.

Banned
    Ok, I have all but finished my new waterfall scrubber. I have used an A4 leaflet box and some 3/4" overflow pipe to make a rig to hold the ATS and the 2 x 20w hydroponic LED units. However it won't be online for a couple of weeks yet as I am still working on the new tank and have a couple of other DIY projects to undertake first. The ATS will be fed via a tee off my Jabeo DC8000 pump which supplies the DT as there is plenty of spare capacity to run the ATS. I had to get over a baffle hence the dog leg over it or it would have been too wide in the sump. The pic's I think ar more or less self-explanatory. I used 2 bulkhead fittings to drain the ATS with 4 outlets in the feet of the rig. Now or a few pic's with LH light not fitted to show the screen etc better nor the ball valve and pipe to feed the ATS of course.

Administrator
    Nice setup. Any detached algae is going to have a wild ride on the way down

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Nice setup. Any detached algae is going to have a wild ride on the way down
    I suspect any detached algae will lay in the bottom of the box given the bulkheads are rised but even so any does go down the pipework it will be flushed out one of the 4 outlets at the bottom. However any that might get lodged would easily be removed should the need arise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information