+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Register for free GEM5 test lights

Administrator
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but any transformer that gets wet needs to dry out completely before trying to plug it in again.

On the bottom of it is a tab that you can push in and slide the little cover off. It does not open much, but there is a little space for air to get in and out. So leave that open and blow out with air and shake it until no more water comes out, then bake at 150F for several hours.

Best best is to let is set for a full week.

Then try it and see what happens.

transformer

It was plugged in for 24 hour before I noticed that the scrubber lights, were not turning on, with the timer.
    I put it in the oven, on 150. I was wondering if a transformer rated at 4 amps 48 volts 196 watt Will operate the lights. The OEM transformer is 48volts .48 amps. 20 watt.

Administrator
    Well you can try it, it does not seem too far off, although it's not constant current.

The scrubber lights are back up. With the aid of a new transformer.
    Just really unlucky with some water drips, from my top tank. It has a poly floss filter tray on top. That caused a random drip. After I replaced a filter in haste.

The scrubber lights are burned out. Running 24x7 for the last year. I check the voltage regulator and the transformer was pushing 50 volts.
    Also I had one led go out, (noticed in a random picture) a while ago. Let me know if you would like them back for R and D.

Administrator
    Yes send an email and I'll send a shipping label. Sounds like experimental model serial number 0001 met it's match.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information