+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sound and evaporation buffer

sound and evaporation buffer

If I take a piece of sponge and put it between the scrubber and the glass covering the top of the tank so that the bubbles are absorbed by the sponge and less evaporation happens will the scrubber still work ok? How I have it now, the sponge is wedged between the two so it is right up against the hole on the top of the scrubber. Its a fairly porous sponge.

Administrator
    It will reduce the sound, but not sure about evaporation. If you can put the top 1/2 inch of the scrubber above the waterline, you may not need the sponge because the bubbles will be kept inside.

I just didn't want to reduce the flow because you said that if it is below the surface it filters better. I'm not sure if having a sponge on top of the hole will prevent it from filtering as well. The bubbles aren't getting stuck inside but I don't see that many coming out of the hole. Will this prevent it from filtering as well?

Administrator
    Actually above the surface will not really reduce filtering. I need to update that.

A sponge might clog sooner. Worth a try though.

I might try putting it above. The problem I have is that there are only two places I can put the scrubber and in both it bumps up against the clips for the glass cover. Maybe I can remove a clip though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information