+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please critique my new setup

So now that my ATS is established and growing all kind of nasty goodness, is there any negative of running the LEDs 24 hours? I read mixed things about giving the ATS a chance to respire during the off period.

Administrator
    Algae does need a dark period to grow, but sometimes the self-shading provides enough shade time.

So after another 3.5 months of running the ATS with different schedules, and you were right about the dark period. Right now I have the lights on 11:00pm-3:30pm. Growth has been great. I have a large screen for the amount I am feeding, but every 2 weeks I am harvesting a large fist size amount of the nasty goodness. Couldn't be happier with the results from such a simple means of filtration.

I am still running two 45w led grow lights on either side of the mesh to maximize coverage. Was curious if I should add more lights immediately above the screen as well as on a 3rd side. At this stage is it possible to have too much light and impair growth? I want to get this beast at maximum growing capacity.

Administrator
    If growth is very dark, you can add more light. When growth gets yellowish, some iron may help, or more flow, or more feeding, but generally you have too much light.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information