+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critique my new scrubber...

Am i on the right track here? I just cleaned 1/2 my screen got about 1/4 cup between the two sides. Look at the pictures the bright green took a razor blade to clean it off, rest cleaned off with a credit card. The bright green good or bad? All the rocks in my tank just went thur a major leech (all were new dry rocks).

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	7038

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	7039

Thanks...

Administrator
    Yes the dark looks good. If you can diffuse the center more, it will burn less and the outer areas will grow even more.

So the hard green algae is burn? I moved the lights back another 1/2" and shortened the lights on. Wonder if i should open the led and take 2 or 3 leds out of the circuit?

Administrator
    No, the light colored center is burn. It really just needs a big lens.

IF I wanted to change my lights over from the 36w LED grow light.. with my 12x10" screen.. how many red and blues is actually needed for 4" away? I want to make a LED board to slide into a black acrylic box so I can actually drop scrubber down into sump more.. with these big LED grow bulbs I have to leave it above the sump.

Administrator
    36 LED watts per side is fine. 12 LEDs of 3 watts each. 600ma.

Well... since screen still hasnt filled 100% full still leaving a 3" clear middle (no burn), I up'ed the flow to around 600-700 gph. Screen nows fills in 100% and grows quicker and thicker. Woot!!

Now an issue.. Im getting gray'ish black cyno on the sand.. I know the "new" dry rock i used when I started the tank will leech for up to a year.. will the scrubber eliminate it? Im still ready in the 0 range for nitrates/nitrites/ammonia.. last time I checked the phosphates with a hanna checker it read 0.0. sal 1.025.. temp 77%.

Administrator
    Yes all scrubber remove the nutrients that cyano need, although cyano is not grey. Cyano also uses food particles, so increasing water flow across the sand will move those particles away. Or get more CUC like a sand-sifting goby is the best way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information