+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The G-Scrubz Series (Now Taking Pre-Orders)

The G-Scrubz Series (Now Taking Pre-Orders)

Hello, fellow Algae Scrubber enthusiasts. I'd like to start off by saying that I appreciate that this forum is open to all scrubber manufacturers, whether large or small operations like my own.

A quick background on myself before I pitch what I have to offer... I've been in the aquarium hobby for quite some time and, as of about 3 years ago, really got into reef-keeping as a way to manage PTSD and anxiety from the military. That being said, I got out of the Army last year under some unfortunate circumstances. With a slew of injuries from my 6 years in and 13 months in Afghanistan, I was rated as a 100% VA disabled combat vet at the young age of 24. At that point, and after a few months killing it in the car-sales business, I learned of some legal limitations as far as going back to work. So, for the time being, I'm going to school full time for CAD and just decided to start building algae scrubbers at an affordable price because there's so much demand for pre-made scrubbers. Trust me, I've built my fair share of DIY scrubbers, spent way more money than I had to, learned a lot in the process, and realized I probably should have gone with a professional scrubber from the get-go. I have been on these forums and other scrubber forums (without accounts) for years, learning from the best in the industry. I owe much of my knowledge to all of you!

On to my waterfall algae turf scrubbers, The G-Scrubz Series... (I know... could I have picked a more lame name? Probably... So don't test me)

I came up with a simple design based on a culmination of the popular pre-made designs that have proven so successful. I don't claim to have come up with some unique design and, quite frankly, there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel. Essentially, making algae scrubbers gives me something to do to clear my mind and keep me busy. My goal is to have different packages available for common scenarios, because not everyone needs certain items, and it creates a way to save some money. The current unit is designed for a system feeding 2-4 cubes or cube-equivalents per day. I intend to build other sized scrubbers depending on demand.

So why should you buy from me over any other company or individual?
    Truth is, I don't have a good answer to that, and I don't intend to "steal" customers from any of the folks that have inspired me to do what I'm doing. I can tell you that I put a lot of detail in what I do. I'm all about measuring 10x to cut once. Also, any unit you order from me will come 90% pre-assembled to the extent that it's feasible to ship in that form. That means all plumbing will be glued, teflon-taped, and aligned where need-be. I've also got a great make-shift method for cutting perfect 1/8" slots which WILL come pre-cut in slot pipes. About the only thing I won't do is rough up mesh screens. I feel that's best left to you all dependent on your own methods.

Without writing an essay here, I'd like to mention that I'm taking pre-orders as of now until 5/1/2017, but that timeline may change, and I fully intend to start production on those initial units and possibly some extras at that point. I'd encourage you to visit my website, https://www.greyfishaquatic.com/ and check out what I have to offer. If you do pre-order, I can assure you that I will begin production in a timely manner. It's just understandably more cost and time-effective doing multiple units at once.

I know I'm "new" to the pre-made scrubber scene and it's hard to trust the new guy, but I can assure you that I have an outstanding attention to detail (borderline OCD) and I'll only sell what I know has been proven to work. I'm all about DIY scrubbers and I've seen some amazing ones, but my goal is to put out a simple, affordable units that will do a great job and save some headaches and possibly some money. And trust me, I'm not out to compete with some of the bigger players. In fact, without mentioning names, many of the pre-made manufacturers are the ones that inspired me.

All that being said, and as cliche as it sounds, I'm not in it for the money. I enjoy designing and building finished products, period... I also plan to build frag racks, all-in-ones, custom sumps, and more. Just let me know in the comments what you'd be interested in. Also, I'll respond as quickly as possible to whatever questions you might have, whether through the forums or my website. I look forward to hearing from you all and hopefully you guys like what you see!

Sincerely,

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	g-scrubz legendary.jpg‎
Views:	52
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	7071  

Super Moderator
    Welcome.

Hope it does well. Nice to see my original waterfall design again.

Thanks SM! You can never go wrong with a textbook waterfall scrubber. I've been running a very similar design for a while now that gets some incredible growth.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information