+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RAIN2

Administrator
    This RAIN2 waterfall scrubber looks to be slightly below the waterline in the saltwater sump, which is fine because its GEM5 lights are submersible and can go to the bottom of the sump if needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rain2 tucked into sump.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	8439

Administrator

Name:	rain2 comments thumb.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	8449

Customer comments of our RAIN2 waterfall algae scrubber

"I purchased the RAIN2 and I really like it" -- struttmaster on ebay

"I have the SM Rain2. It is the single best aquarium filter I’ve ever used on a reef tank. Phosphates and Nitrates are in perfect range, pH is stable, and the tank is thriving. I just wanted to thank you for inventing and producing an outstanding product" -- Steven Aguzzi, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

"Actually it is working remarkably well. so well that I had to start dosing nitrates to my tank. Just the other day after 2 weeks of not Checking there was a softball size of Rich green algae. I used to use Clearwater's algae scrubber nothing wrong with it but it does not produce nowhere near the amount of algae that the rain2 does. By far the best algae squabber I believe on the market" -- Mike Kucher, West Frankfort, Illinois, USA

"Brought my nutrients down, with less effort, and my mixed corals are looking great" -- Andy Schwandner, Oregon, USA

"Love the scrubber it does a great job" -- Brandon Debrock, Binghampton, New York, USA

"I followed your advice and the scrubber has a nice growth in it now. Thank you for your help and a great product" -- David Ekers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

"I have two units, and they grow a massive amount of green algae" -- Charles Willis, Houma, Louisiana, USA

"Decided on Santa-Monica RAIN2. Low light bleed, simple design. I like the waterfall ATS over the bubblers due to both noise and spray (both of which are manageable I grant you). Plus I like the ability to upgrade with additional light bars, which are waterproof" -- QuietMan on the R2R site.

"Working excellent" mickeyv1120 on Ebay

"The scrubber is working great (almost too great)! I started by running the scrubber 24 hours a day with 2 of the LED strips plugged in (1 on each side of the screen). Running the scrubber lowered my nutrients too much so I've reduced down to 12 hours and this still may even be too much" -- Zach Agrums, Winnetka, California, USA.

"It's a great scrubber. I modified it to acclimate to my drain requirements. Used grey threaded pipe and a 1.5 inch bulkhead, but had to grind out the drain plate to accept. This thing pulls a ton of turf algae. Keep up the good work. Thank you" -- dj1256 on ebay

"Everything is going great with my Rain2 on 63 gal tank" -- Charles Clarke, Groton, Connecticut, USA

"I have lots of livestock and my display is algae free. Really love the scrubber" -- Kevin Hernandez

"The scrubber is working quite well, with thick growth along the top inch and down the edges of the screen as well as in the tray. Just waiting for it to fill the screen now... but happy with it so far" -- Dave Hawkins, Kirton Lindsay, England

"My Rain2 has been great" -- Scott Hofmann, Westhampton, New York, USA.

"I love my Rain2, it works exceptionaly" -- Chad Logan, Ottawa, Illinois, USA

"Hecho en buen material. Lo utiliso para controlar los nitritos y excesso de nutrientes" [Made in good material. It is used to control nitrites and excess nutrients] -- Ricardo Sauri on amazon

"I have been using your Rain2 scrubber, with pole mount, on my 135 gallon system and love it" -- Sean Fair, Wayland, Mass, USA.

"I recieved you product Rain2 and im satisfied to the product. Thank you so much" -- Ricardo Algaba, Philippines

"I am loving my Rain2 scrubber that’s on my 93 cube. It is the best investment I’ve made" -- Vince Ninemire, Clinton, Missouri, USA.

"I added the RAIN2 shortly after I cycled my tank, with new dry rock, and for the last year after that, I've never had any significant algae growth on that rock, ever. I attribute this entirely to the RAIN2. I consider scrubbers more important than skimmers" -- Markus Reef Nerd, Australia

"Great build quality. It seems that Santa Monica People care about their products. It came with detailed instructions and pictures. Pretty easy to install and start. I use a Life Guard Quiet One 1200. So far so good" -- HispanicReefer on the MD site.

"I wish I could sell all the algae this thing produces. Id be rich" -- ClownReef on the RC site.

"Just want to take the moment just to express my deep gratitude with you guys there’s no words that I can’t express enough how happy I am with my scrubber, Since installed Almost 2 months ago I’ve been harvesting three times, my nutrients are finally in control and it’s just beautiful to see the kind of algae it’s growing in my scrubber deep green and honestly again guys thank you so much you nailed this product in a perfect way it will be awesome if everybody can have one of them in there Aquariums because Tanks makes so simple now with nutrients in control. Kudos to Santa Monica filtration scrubbers! My 2-light version of the Rain2 has been working phenomenal I think it’s one of the best money spent on my tank, finally I keep control of my nitrates and phosphates, appreciate it and thanks for such an amazing product! In my case it helps a lot specially because I am handicap and only able to use one hand, so with the pole mount it’s a breeze for me to remove it to clean and harvesting the algae. Again excellent product"" -- Simon Romero, Florida, USA.

"I have 20+ large cichlids being fed heavily in 140 gallon tank. Harvesting a full load [from the RAIN2] every 2 weeks and nitrates are at 10ppm with no water changes in 18 months!" --Chris Hamond, Edmonton, Canada

"A+" -- chaoarturo_pty on ebay

"Really prompt service - delivered to UK" -- teldarsiesta on ebay

"So far it's great; well built, and has very little light leakage" -- Michael Rasmussen, Michigan, USA

"I'm currently running one Rain2 scrubber with 4 gem5 lights on a 50 gallon display tank with 15 gallon sump where scrubber is installed. Definitely getting great growth on algae scrubber and harvesting one side of screen every 5/7 days for bright green to light brown mix of algae. Using filter sock and protein skimmer for mechanical filtration. Adding the algae scrubber has decreased phosphates and nitrates significantly. Tank does not have any significant algae growth on rocks and only requires glass cleaning for light algal coating every 5 to 6 days. Running scrubber on 18 hours on/6 hours off cycle. Tank is mixed reef with LPS corals (6 pieces/not large), one Australian spider sponge, and 3 small anemones. Stocked with an average of 20/30 small Clownfish (1/2 to 3/4 inch) as my grow out tank for Clownfish breeding purposes. Both Rain scrubbers are doing great! Lots of algae growing steadily and being harvested every 12 to 14 days. Nitrates almost non existent and phosphates dropping into low range finally" -- Ron Silva, Tustin, California, USA

"I love my Rain2 Santa Monica filtrations algae scrubber!" -- Matyas Castro

"my test kit now reads nitrates as undetectable. I removed my filter socks completely about 2-3 days ago. I am still running my skimmer and am gradually setting it to run more dry" -- Mulletboy from Australia, on the AlgaeScrubber.Net site.

"Thick plastic housing /tray, Proprietary waterproof LEDs. Algae, nature's filter, whether macroalgae reactor or rain type algae scrubber. After watching many videos over the last couple years, I decided to try Santa Monica. The gentlemen in all his videos shows a real concern for his product. I purchased a rain2 from Marine Depot and a Hog3 from another company to do my own comparison on my 150 gallon tank. The rain is heavy duty, compact unit with real nice LEDs. I connected a 90 [elbow] on the end of the supplied pvc which I attached the 3/4 inch nipple, also supplied. I made a long rectangular notch from the top of the 2 inch pvc to where the 90 elbow/ barb would stick out. Therefore I can easily slide the whole unit off the 2 inch pedestal. I connected my Eheim 1000 pump with a small piece of tubing so it is suspended freely. Plugged everything in and everything is functioning. Very detailed instructions for developing the algae. This is the most compact unit available. No worries if leak develops as the tray sits about 1/2 inch above the sump surface water. Very quiet. Nicely engineered and well thought through. The screen is easy to remove. Would recommend." -- Scott from MD site

"Great product thank you for offering it" -- Brad Calcagno, Port Charlotte, Florida, USA

"Everything is working great and produces a lot of algea. I clean it every week as instructed" -- Alan Leung, Pomona, California, USA

"I love the quality of the contruction and how easy it is to remove the screen" -- Bruno Santos, Brazil

"Product seems to work great, growth after 7 days with lights 24 hrs" -- Darren Facey, UK

"Yes, it is working. In fact it is working really well. My 80 gallon reef tank was looking a lot jaded and was going downhill rapidly. Then I put on the Rain2 and within a week I was able to see the difference and now my tank looks fantastic. I would recommend this algae scrubber to everyone. Best buy ever. Next week I will be taking my skimmer off as nothing matches the scrubber" -- John Ratcliffe, UK

"This product is well built and I am growing some serious algae! Nitrates are down to 5 from 20 and I think they will continue to go lower" -- Thomas Bunio, Hayward, California, USA

"I have both a RAIN2 and a chaeto reactor in my Red Sea XL 425 sump, and the RAIN is a workhorse. I harvest about every two weeks, and it's super quick and easy" -- Cindy Nicholls, Canada

"I run a [RAIN2] algae scrubber and my display is algae free. The scrubber provides the concentrated light source that allows the algae to out compete for nutrients (thats why I want it for in the first place). My nitrates and phos are ultra low and I may need to reduce the light cycle to feed my sps [coral]. I spent the extra money and bought one from Santa Monica, even though Im an avid DIYer because I wanted it to be robust. The LED light source on the Rain2 is custom made, you can see the 3d printer was hard at work, Combined with the support I received I think its well spent. I didnt want the traditional water fall type since in my opinion will have allot of light bleed causing the sump to have algae. With the Rain2 its pretty cool to keep all the red light inside. My sump is pretty clean as well." -- TheMerchant on the SCR site.

"Have had one of these Rain2 scrubbers with 4 lights on my tank for about 3 weeks now and my tank is looking 100% better. Fish look fantastic and my corals look better than I have ever seen them. Fantastic piece of kit. Would recommend it to everyone." -- Charles R., UK

"It's working flawlessly with just one light... almost the whole screen was covered with very green algae" -- Frank Nagy, New York City, USA

"It is slowly starting to fill in. I was only running 1 light, I am now running 3" -- Pelphrey on the RC site

"It works very well, and super service after the sale!" -- Patrick Ray, Switzerland

"I love it! The RAIN2 saved my tank, when my skimmer died. I have to say honestly, from what I've seen so far the Rain2 works amazingly well and it was a pleasure to go through the process of documenting getting it installed and running. I'm 100% sure it will have a lasting positive impact on the proper maintenance of my water quality" -- Reefgrrl on youtube

"I love it. Perfect size for my sump. Other scrubbers just takes up too much room and maintenance and cleaning would be a huge pain; And it works so well at reducing nutrients that I cut back from 4 of the lights to 2. It's on my Red Sea Reefer 525XL. Keeps my Nitrate @ .5-1 ppm and Phos at .02-.03 Absolutely love my Santa Monica Rain2" -- Phillip Tennel on youtube

"You won't be disappointed the quality is top notch. Once you get it set up and producing you might even think you didn't pay enough. I'm actually so impressed with the results I am buying another one for my 120" IronVulture on the R2R site

"Very happy with it. Nice build quality" -- Adam G on the r2r site

"very slick. I will say this, so far, it's been one of the easiest things to clean on my tank. And very silent with the top in place" -- waboss on the r2r site

"My RAIN2 is really taking off with growth, even with just one light plugged in, and even though I use zeovit. I'm plugging in more lights now" -- Kurt Clausen, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Administrator
    RAIN2 one-handed access to screen and bottom tray video

Name:	r2 one hand access thumb.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	8451

https://youtu.be/LbryHi1eUuE

Administrator
    The RAIN (tm) patented tray (10,655,095) and patent pending dome (16848779) allow for easy viewing and cleaning of the bottom tray without turning off water or lights.

Name:	r2 dome tray.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	8453

Administrator
    No the screen is not pink; it's just the deep red 660nm GEM5 lights on the inside of the RAIN2 dome.

Name:	RAIN2-new-hand-lifting-top-lights-on.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	8482

Administrator
    Here are some fun holiday colors, and some descriptions of waterfall growth on a RAIN2

Name:	WfReefgrrlOnYoutube-2 holiday texts.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	8501

Administrator
    Don't buy fish food. Don't replace filters. Instead, use your filter to feed your fish. MaramotReef on IG shows how it's done:

o The living, green growth can be put right into a fish feeder.

o The black tray is level with the sump waterline; this eliminates all sound when the dome lid in put back on. The tray can be lowered even further so the screen is below the waterline, so that the water does not fall off the screen and instead flows smoothly downwards.

o The screen can be slid forward (after removing the red cap) and out of the sump with the water still flowing, and without disassembling anything.

o Growth can be seen easily, and hand-removed easily, without disassembling anything.

o The black tray can be easily lifted up off the pole mount and taken to a sink for brushing.

o If power goes out for a few days, the black tray can be lifted up and set down in the water, to keep the algae alive for over a week.

Happy Scrubbing

https://youtu.be/1z5YobASY8g

https://www.facebook.com/SantaMonica...86364505115625

Name:	RAIN2 maramot reef feeding thumb.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	8521

Administrator
    Here is an almost perfect growth ring, allowing full flow to the thicker inner parts of the screen:

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...3-Growth-Rings

Name:	WfKris4647onR2R-4.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	8525

Administrator
    This RAIN2 (tm) waterfall scrubber is sitting on a pole mount in a saltwater sump. If you wanted to run the tank as a natural reef with lots of food particles in the water for the corals to eat, you could remove the roll filter, or the skimmer, or both.

Name:	WfSchmick_micks_reef-2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	8550

#algaereactor
    #algaescrubber
    #ats
    #ballingmethod
    #biopellets
    #bulkreefsupply
    #canisterfilter
    #carbondosing
    #chaeto
    #chaetomorpha
    #chaetoreactor
    #coralvue
    #fleecefilter
    #fluconazole
    #freshwateraquarium
    #gfo
    #nitrate
    #phosphate
    #pelletreactor
    #plantedtank
    #premiumaquatics
    #proteinskimmer
    #reef2reef
    #reeftank
    #refugium
    #rollfilter
    #saltwatertank
    #tritonmethod
    #turfscrubber
    #zeovit

Administrator
    This RAIN2 has not quite filled in the screen yet but is growing a lot on the tray below. This is because when the screen is not cleaned soon enough, some growth can fall down to the tray, which has a rough texture to hold on to it. But the preferred way is to clean/harvest before it let's go.

Bubble upflow models (like our SURF, etc) do not let go of the growth because the growth is always under water.

Name:	WfTerryDeMott-6.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	8571

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information