+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Drop 1.2x question

@SantaMonica

I left the drop scrubber doors open and growth just exploded. No slime dark green carpet type of algae at least trippled the size. I also noticed algae was clogging the bottom hole not allowing the water to come in. So I believe flow is a potential flow. Especially most of us use this drop scrubbers in back chambers of aio tanks where there is nautral flow and bottom plate just deflects the natural flow get in the scrubber.

I will keep it open for a while. Only problem is bubbles and noise.

What is the function of bubbles? Would algae grow without the bubbles? I assume answer is yes.

Please respond @SantaMonica

Administrator
    If the holes are clogged, then yes it will not get the nutrients it needs. Of course, having lots of growth clog the holes is a good problem to have. Just clean the holes.

Most flow is caused by the upflowing bubbles pulling water into the small holes, and the water then exits the center big hole.

Bubbles are a must for rapid growth. The air/water interface they create is what lets the algae absorb nutrients fast. To test this, try it without bubbles.

@SantaMonica my growth has been insane. My tank is 40 gal. I love it
    So much thinking of adding a second one. What do you think? Necessary?Click image for larger version

Name:	FE15BA9E-150D-45E0-9CE5-CE8D2B52C625.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	7391Click image for larger version

ID:	7391Click image for larger version

ID:	7391

Administrator
    Great to hear. If there are enough nutrients in the water go grow that much, then yes a second scrubber would help a lot, and you would clean one at a time so the other could stay growing and filtering.

@SantaMonica quick question. I am in fallow period where there is no fish and minimal feeding. My nitrates are zero for more than a month and phos is 0.03.

Algae scrubber slow down naturally but that not the problem. I started seing signs of Dino after dosing acropower.

People recommending dosing bleach or Dinox where I am worried about killing my scrubber also. I plan to dose some nitrates and phosphates. Any suggestion on protecting my establish scrubber or fighting dino's ? Can algae scrubber fight off Dino's>

thanks.,

Administrator
    Scrubbers grow best with the ammonia from animals. How about just putting a fish in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information