Hi from Israel! Just got my first SURF4X last month looks wery professionaly made.

Setup made 10 ago to Red Sea MAX S-500. The system is about 10 month old established accordingly to the Red Sea program
based on daily NoPox dosing.... having about 50kg indonesian live rocks.... slightly loaded fish (7), soft & LPS corals (15),
one huge carpet nem and cleaning crew.

The fish food is about 2 cubes per day mainly frozen, the corals and anemone once per week.
Running active curbone with 10% NSW weekly

Nitrofication cycle is already behind and now the whole system is on its algae cycle.
The water parameters are stable based on regular dosage accordingly to the Red Sea mixed reef program.

Weekly tests before scrubber installation
NO3=1ppm, PO4=0.01 with daily NoPOx dosage 3ml/100L .

The last tests after 10 days
NO3=0.5 (dropped), PO4=0.01 (on the same level)...NoPox dosaing was down to 2ml/100L..

The main reason SURF4x installation was moderate nuisance algae problem and desire significantly reduce
NoPox usage along to keep all present levels as is on the bay.

The scrubber installed to the sump section running on 18h a day on the half lights on.
During the fisrt week the half of the lights were also shaded black.

After a little less than an one week passed there were a signs of the some growth.
Where the lights were fully opened observed growth of something green on the strips and walls as well.
Where the lights were shaded black there are visible growth of something golden brown....

My action were to get off black shade and keep running 18h a day light shedule.
The question is why there is a difference between aglgae color in illuminated to shaded part
and what are my next steps? Any advise will be much appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10days.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	7300