+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEM5

Administrator

GEM5

Super easy placement of GEM5 lights, even in the wettest locations like this waterfall "scrubber in a bucket" modeled after our very first bucket scrubber in 2008:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LedFullBoreReeferOnAS-1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7602 Click image for larger version

Name:	LedFullBoreReeferOnAS-2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	7603

Administrator
    GEM5 customer comments:

"Working great Thank you!" -- Damon Dyche, Ames, Iowa, USA

"These light and Green Grabber screen are really amazing" -- Vitza on the AlgaeScrubber.net site.

"These are some mean lights" -- Douglas Norman, Boston, Massachusettes, USA

"I am using your GEM LED bars in my Sumps and they are doing wonders for my Upflow and also my refuge. Interesting, is I made a DIY LED EXTERNAL Panel with 6 Red LEDs and 1 blue, and the GEM LED is doing better, since it's in the water more in the center of the upflow (appears that way). Both in same chamber. in Upflow Scrubber I LOVE IT!!! I may order one more since I have one Spare Power Cord slot. Running two in my other Sump. I will certainly include your GEM LED in ATS as part of the Overall Tank Setup Overview. Will do when Tank Setup is fully completed. Looks like The GEM really Kicked in on New Tank ATS. Good thing, since new setup isn’t growing Algae in DT. GEM is MUMIFIED in growth" -- Wally Brejniak, Canada

"They are working great" --Patsy Dawe, Canada

"These are great lights we have used these lights in our algae scrubbers and in refugiums in our coral farm with great results" -- Chris Tracey, Country Aquatics, South Boardman, Michigan, USA

"Love these GEM lights on my scrubber and refugium" -- David Rasmussen on FB

"The LEDs are doing great and working out well. Thank you again" -- Eli Brewer, Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA

"They are extremely bright. This is set up on my mbuna cichlid tank, and it pretty much holds nitrates steady. " -- Mark Strimaran

Administrator
    With GEM5® underwater submersible lights, you can drop them right into your fuge or even a chaeto reactor. And since each GEM5 light is 5 real watts at the light (not "at the plug", and not "equivalent to") and does not power down when in the open air, the LEDs are strong enough to prevent (or "burn away") growth on their lenses and thus can keep illuminating the surrounding growth no matter how thick it gets.

Name:	gem5 growth on light.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	8005

Administrator
    Customer's GEM5® lights pulled out of a saltwater sump. Although growth usually grows on a screen or other growth surface, sometimes the growth grabs on to the light itself.

Name:	gem5 growth on light.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	8101

Administrator
    GEM5 light attached with suction cups to one side of a DIY waterfall scrubber. Could also be submerged in an upflow scrubber.

Name:	LedRickyrios-1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	8124

Administrator
    One way to mount GEM5® lights to the side of a DIY waterfall scrubber box. Although the lights come with suction cups that would also work, this box is narrow and the lights put out more PAR (up to 1000 par per light) than any other submersible grow light, so he wanted the lights further away. So some simple eggcrate does the trick.

Name:	LedC3hutsonOnAS-1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	8130

Administrator

Name:	GEM in chaeto.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	8253

Administrator
    Unlike other lights, GEM5® lights keep their full power underwater or out of the water.

Name:	gem5 black out of water.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	8321

Administrator
    Just hanging GEM5® lights inside a sump is fine. Also notice this DIY waterfall scrubber has sandwich wrap placed over the pipe to stop spraying.

Name:	gem5 another way to put in sump.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	8332

Administrator
    GEM5® lights in a nano overflow compartment, with the waterfall flowing on the right side over a screen. (Note: the black case is no longer available; just the white case).

Name:	gem5 on and off.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	8378

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information