Thread: Weird results, any insights appreciated

Threaded View

Weird results, any insights appreciated

I have started a waterfall scrubber almost 3 months with some weird results. Very little dark green algae forms on the sheet but a lot of GHA forms at the bottom of the acrylic enclosure which I clean out every 2 weeks.

The tank is a RSM 500, no room in sump so I am using a relatively powerful (I think) pump Jebao dcs 2000 rated at 2000 L/hr to almost full to feed the ATS which is located outside the sump on a stand. I feed one and half cube a day .
    The ATS is from ebay and has cheap LED strips on both sides . The screen is 30.5cm by 14 cm. The light cycle is 18 on 6 off. I am still carbon dosing and using GFO but the algae that used to form in the tank is much reduced.

I was thinking about upgrading the LEDS when I noticed the GHA forming at the bottom. Can anyone knowledgeable point me to what I might be doing wrong. The drainage as you can see in the pic is not the best which may explain why algae is forming at the bottom but why is it not forming on the screen, is my flow too slow .. since the pump does have to push the water a fair distance up. The last image shows the water flow, I am happy to take one without the lights if that helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_121630.jpg‎
Views:	301
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	7604   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_121709.jpg‎
Views:	270
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	7605   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_121745.jpg‎
Views:	307
Size:	79.2 KB