+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My new Santa Monica RAIN2 Algae Scrubber

So while the scrubber is braking in and actually start having an impact at lowering my nutrients, i decided to take matters into my own hands, so po4 i was able to bring down no problem with some phosphate RX it is now at 0.03 and not rising yet, however my nitrates is what im having an issue with, even after doing a 40% water change followed by a few smaller ones and bringing it down to 10 within a week ill be back at 30 any ideas what can be the issue?

Administrator
    Yes, not enough export compared to feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Yes, not enough export compared to feeding.
    So when can i expect this scrubber to start haveing even the slightest effect on my nutrients because so far I have not seen any. Do you think my phosphates being this low and nitrates is high is a problem for the scrubber?

Can you please try to reply ASAP.

Administrator
    Just keep filling the screen and harvesting it. Change the number of days of growth to get the most growth.

Just keep filling the screen and harvesting it. Change the number of days of growth to get the most growth.
    What do you mean by changing the number of growth. You mean more days?

Administrator
    Yes, more or less days of growth, to get the largest harvest. That will remove the most nutrients.

Yes, more or less days of growth, to get the largest harvest. That will remove the most nutrients.
    Not following you why less???

Administrator
    Because too much light will reduce growth.

Because too much light will reduce growth.
    im honestly very confused frustrated at this point, i have seen many vidoes like CJ for example where they have all 4 lights with the same nutrients and get crazy growth after just a few weeks. it seems like every time i ask something there is like another response just to push me another week or 10 days. can you please tell me specific instructions on what i need to do here to make this $300 scrubber actually start working and effecting my nutrients?

Thank You

Administrator
    Each tank is different. Nutrients measured in the water is just one thing. Most other things you cannot measure. Some scrubbers jump into action, others stay almost pure white for months, and others like yours are in the middle, with some light growth of brownish color. Which is still filtering. Brown has more filtering that the same amount of green, as long as you harvest it before it lets go. Black has the most.

There is nothing more you can do, it will change on it's own. If you want to triple your feeding, you can make some quick growth changes though. Just let it grow and focus on other things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information