+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow rubbery algae

Administrator

Re: Yellow rubbery algae

Sorry it did not work out. Wish you could have posted pics; there is always some little thing that is spotted to be the problem.

Re: Yellow rubbery algae

Thanks (as always) for the responses. Unfortunately it is really difficult to get pics in operation due to the cabinet access to the sump (small and had to be installed prior to putting the cabinet top on). I simply don't have a wide enough lens on my camera to capture much worthwhile and the board I mounted the lighting on obscures the screen.

Once I've made the other changes I will look at the new design (will probably start looking soon in reality as I love that kind of thing :lol: ). Have already been having thoughts about a welded polypropylene tray pitched at about 60 to 80 degrees with plastic canvas or even, if I can find it, a really nice flat bit of ocean rock cut to the right size (angle grinder / stone saw required!). Going single sided will buy me some space to get better adjustment on the lights but I can still hit the sq inches required. Hopefully a not-quite-vertical set up will reduce any splashing and noise too. Once I've managed to upgrade the flow through the tank I should have enough flow through the overflow to 'power' the scrubber.

Back soon!
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information