Hello,

I own a Clearwater CW-300 algae scrubber. I got this for my FOWLR 300 gallon tank. I am running this with a protein skimmer as well.

I have it currently set to 24 hours a day. I originally had a smaller pump on this setup thinking that my flow was too little. I ended up replacing the pump on this with a higher output. I have had this setup now for over 2 months. I have the following issues. First, my nitrates are still consistently between 50-70ppm and my phosphates are .25-.35. Second, I get a "burn" circle in the middle of the unit with no algae growth. Third, most of the algae is very slimy and watery and not exactly turf algae.

So now it is running 24 hours a day and I am using a 912GPH (Sicce 4.0) pump instead of the original 612 GPH (sicce 3.0) pump. I reduced the Sicce 4.0 a little on it's flow so it is more like 700 GPH now. I am not seeing any results. My tank does have a very high bio load in that I have a lot of fish in the 300. The skimmer is a Reef Octopus Regal 250 BTW. I am also running roller mats instead of filter socks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.