+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen sizing

Screen sizing

the most current sizing requirements i've seen are "2 sided, 12 square inches = 1 cube"

if this is 24 square inches, why is the 2 light recommended only for 1 cube? because of spread?

Also, is it possible to add lights at a later date? I imagine this is a "duh" question, but i'm thinking more along the lines of, if i choose to add more lights at a later date will i have to drill holes and such, or are there markings/brackets inside the canopy that would let me place them in the right spot without having to do a bunch of measuring.

thanks!

-Ed

Administrator
    It's not 24 inches, it's 12. Screens are measured based on being 2-sided. If you are 1-sided, which shades the roots and caused die-off quicker, you need twice the area.

Since you were asking about the Rain2, which has a choice of 1, 2, or 4 lights, yes you can add more lights if you just have 1 or 2; the spaces for the remaining lights have dots to show where they go.

Any any scrubber in general you can add more lights later too.

ok, misunderstanding this then:

Here are the differences in the RAIN2 units available:

Aquarium size: The RAIN2 with 1 GEM5 light has 24 square inches of 1-sided growth surface and is designed to be the only filter on an aquarium that is fed up to:

1/2 frozen cube per day, or
    5 pinches of flake food per day, or
    5 square inches (30 sq cm) of nori seaweed per day, or
    0.05 dry ounce (1.4 grams) of pellet food per day.

Each 50 pounds (23 kg) of phosphate-soaked nuisance algae problem rock counts for an additional 1 cube a day. The level of light of the 1 GEM5 light works well in saltwater when nutrients in the water are low, and also works well in all freshwater systems. Up to 3 more GEM5 lights can be added at any time with silicone glue.

The RAIN2 with 2 GEM5 lights has 24 square inches of 2-sided growth surface and is designed to be the only filter on an aquarium that is fed up to:

1 frozen cube per day, or
    10 pinches of flake food per day, or
    10 square inches (60 sq cm) of nori seaweed per day, or
    0.1 dry ounce (2.8 grams) of pellet food per day.
    i bold/underlined the parts that are confusing. I'm assuming that this is a typo? or i'm not understanding something correctly. or are the screens different sizes when ordering the 1 light version (i don't think this is the case...but want to be thorough)?

Administrator
    Ah you were right, a typo. It was for the Hog.5 instead. Is is fixed now. It was already correct on the shopping cart, and on the instruction manual.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information