+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Scrubber: Am I Ok with 6500k Bulbs???

Re: New Scrubber: Am I Ok with 6500k Bulbs???

Thanks, I thought some commentary might be informative....but maybe I'll play a little reggae on my next one

The vents were 2 fold, to get some ventilation in there (some people hook up pc fans, etc)...it would get really hot in there otherwise, and so I could easily check the growth and to see what's going on in there.

Nice work!

Thanks ReefMe, here's some vid of some pods and chaeto in the new fuge....lots of pods in the scrubber too. My scrubber's new algae is mostly brown, hoping I'll see more green before too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sds-eOKWcWc

Srubber at approx. 7 weeks:

I'm happy to say that I hit undetectable nitrate levels over the weekend with my fuge/scrubber combo setup as seen in the video above. Started in the 40 - 50 range, then fell to 30s for a couple of weeks, then 20s.....then over the course of a week over Xmas/New Years, the levels plummeted to around 2. A few days later, they're undetectable.

It's hard for me to say whether it's predominately the scrubber or the fuge doing most of the work. I'm harvesting a good amount of algae from the scrubber weekly and the chaeto in my fuge is growing very rapidly. I think they're both working well. I wish the brown, slime algae would disappear from my scrubber. I'm seeing more and more green, but the brown keeps coming albeit a little less every week it seems.

Administrator

Great to hear. Once the levels start falling, the green grows better. And green has more surface area to do more filtering, so the levels go down even faster then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information