+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pipe Size

Pipe Size

whats the best size pipe to use as i am useing 32mm and its giving me problems do a go down a size to get the flow right as i have two screens and a 6000 lhr pump

Re: Pipe Size

I always try and follow the guidance from the pump manufacturer / pipe size that fits the adapter that comes with the pump. I have only 1200lph going through 25mm and it seems pretty well used - I would have thought 32mm or bigger for 6000lph but I've no experience of that level of flow from a pump

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    I always try and follow the guidance from the pump manufacturer / pipe size that fits the adapter that comes with the pump. I have only 1200lph going through 25mm and it seems pretty well used - I would have thought 32mm or bigger for 6000lph but I've no experience of that level of flow from a pump
    i think 25mm is better will try that as i have 2 screens

hi shango
    i have two screens that are feed by two durso pipes , there 32mm , the return pump is a ocean runner 6500lt but its no way big enough iam only running one screen the the gate value on that is thorttled back so going to use a bigger return pump http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories this should do it , just think of the water that will flow down the pipes when the gate values are open full .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information