+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2nd Attempt at An Algae Scrubber With Pics

Re: My 2nd Attempt at An Algae Scrubber With Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica
    I now have some results. For a couple of months I did not see any progress for the scrubber except the $100.00 pad of turf algae die. I will even say for two months this thing stayed as clean as the day I installed it, nothing was growing on it.
    No surprise. That design that you found and used to make yours has all kinds of errors/problems that can be spotted from just a single pic.

So the best I can expect is to be unsuccessful? If this is the case then tell me why this one did not grow anything.

Administrator

That bucket has a correct layout (for a bucket) of flow/light/cleanability. But it's unknown what else you've done/built/connected/maintained with it.

The pump was a mag 7, other than that it followed the directions on one of the several sites you posted on.

Administrator

Ok let's see pics before and after cleaning.

Nothing grew for two months. It would did not turn yellow or brown also.

Administrator

It would did not turn yellow or brown also.
    It's impossible to run for months and get "nothing". I don't believe you ever ran it at all.

I am not going to justify what I said because you do not believe it. Really, I could care less what you believe. I was never looking for your input, my intent was to share a different design other than the first one that did not work for me, if that would be one you designed, I guess that sucks.

By its very nature mother nature does what she wants to do.

My two cents. Way to many variables to consider that you are a liar.

Maybe you are? I am not in it too make that discission.

This is the design section. Thanks for contributing.

I believe a general consensus would be scrubber's do well with more than the traditional feed rates/bioload.

Feed enough, with the right flow and the enough light, and it would be strange not to see some growth.

Hope this helps.

Now that there is a thought by more than one person who thinks that there could be a chance that I am a liar, I would like to offer the rest of the pics to validate that I did make that bucket scrubber. I am doing this as my last post here, because I can see that this small group will stand by one who thinks his opinion is better than any opposing view.
    The original thread was called Hair Algae Fix This Time Hardware it was on Wichitaaquariumclub.com. At one time I was a moderator but, left and deleted my threads on the way out. The thread gave credit to SantaMonica for his design.

Now if there is any more doubt if I built a bucket type scrubber, feel free to follow the pic addresses to their site any you will see they were posted by dngspot. I guess the next thing someone is going to challenge me on is if I ever regenerated DI Resin. Knock your selves out. I am out of here.

Administrator

The term was "ran it", not "built it".

It would be extremely rare and odd for someone to try a bucket, get "no" growth (you'd be the only one ever), ask for no help on any of the 6 forums you posted on, post no pics of any growth, and then go to the extreme of building the most complex unproven and difficult to operate design available (which was originally posted by "Carnivor" in 2007), and then post your build on all of those (at least) six other forums. Also, had you actually wanted to get the bucket to work, you would have (in addition to asking for help) read the instructions which said to use plastic canvas and not tank-divider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information