+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED lighting

Re: LED lighting

Cool! Thanks for the pics!

Any chance you could post a photo of the screen only with 7days growth please?

I know this isnt led but I came across this what do you think? I only have a small space. I have spoken the rep of company and he says that it is the equivlent of a 90w led grow light.
    http://mland.en.alibaba.com/product/284 ... light.html

Do you think the red/blue is better than the white only or is there a little bit of reflection happening between the two sides?

Interesting product. (A bit of info added for others):

Basically, that is "induction lighting". Like fluorescent, but instead of electrodes, it uses magnetic coils.
    The key win for those: Lasts 5-10 times longer, but only costs 2-3 times as much.
    A good tradeoff for ATS usage, since they are replaced a lot.

BUT: The phosphors and such are basically the same as CFL, and I have not seen reliable news advertising
    particularly higher efficiency. So I am highly skeptical of the claim that this 50W light is the same as a 90W LED.

Note that CCFL (cold cathode) is also a longer life bulb technology.

Pictures of my tank. Very few fish for now. There is some green algae here, which is desirable as the fish consume it as part of thier natural food source.[attachment=1:1ebczr0u]Feb 02 2010 3.JPG[/attachment:1ebczr0u][attachment=0:1ebczr0u]Feb 2 2101 6.JPG[/attachment:1ebczr0u]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CW3 Wentling, USA, INF, INSCOM, AVN (Ret)

Nice clean look to your tank.

Now you just need a school of a hundred Neon Tetras.

Hey kansas

How are the screens going? Im still tossing up the Idea of red blue. Can you post some results/pics after the last week of growth still having better luck with the all white?

Were both panels the same wattage? and what were they 15w? Im looking at a 45w red blue panel more expensive but should last for ages..

Thanks for all the past pics too, your build looks good.

Kcress - I would like 100 Neons but this is a hard wtaer tank (30 grains hardness) the wtaer here is similar to Malawi or Tanganikya. I have a an Amazon biotope with tetras, the water is very soft in a 70 gallon tank.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Hi,

How is going ? How is algae growing ? how nitrate ?

Thank you

Mike

Algae is growing good. Cleaned screens, lots in between screens (3 layers). Asked the LED vendor about best color,
    he stated blue. So I am going to change out my Red/Blue panel for an all Blue one. Then will wait and watch.

Nitrate is zero, mostly because of low biomass. Got more fish, but still low mass.
    I might consider CO2 bubbled into source water. I have an old diver tank I have used for CO2 on another tank. See my post about a professional algae grower.

Have you done a web search for algae growers ? Many growers out there for biodiesel and human food (spirulina, algae). :mrgreen:

LED prices are coming down. My 225 component 13 watt LED panel is only $ 42.
    You can get a 55 watt panel for $115, these are .5 watt LEDs.

interesting about the light colour as one of your post suggests that the white panel seemed to have better growth. Is this stiil the case? do you think your wattage is enough could you use more, say 25W??

This thread has some intersting things in it re what algea need in light if you havent already seen it.........viewtopic.php?f=3&t=435

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information